Discussion Poor audio quality in HT

HappySoul

Solutions
Reaction score
Guys recently I bought samsung b550 soundbar, I was using with binge+ since 2 days and I felt I did a mistake of buying because audio quality was not upto mark and then today when I tried with YouTube there is day and night difference in audio quality..so I believe tataplay compressing audio too much ..what's your view guys?

I have connected soundbar through hdmi arc and have set digital audio output mode to pass through. In stb, I have set audio to prefer Dolby output

Few months back I had tried binge plus stb with Sony HT IV 300 home theatre system

Worked well and audio was normal, no issues observed

Yes apps like YouTube and OTT apps audio was bit louder but native channels DD audio was not low or dull in comparison

Few months back I had tried binge plus stb with Sony HT IV 300 home theatre system

Worked well and audio was normal, no issues observed

Yes apps like YouTube and OTT apps audio was bit louder but native channels DD audio was not low or dull in comparison
It's just not about loud..I felt difference in audio quality like clarity, bass and sound stage

Anyway I gave my old hd box to one technician, he will probably give me tomorrow will test and let you know..the audio quality in that box was better than binge+ even before soundbar

I didn't get my hd box yet, but I feel they are compromising the audio quality in binge+ box..if you guys remember, 2 years ago there were option to select the output audio format like dd, dd+
Now no such options

I didn't get my hd box yet, but I feel they are compromising the audio quality in binge+ box..if you guys remember, 2 years ago there were option to select the output audio format like dd, dd+
Now no such options
I am searching for some chance to let go of the so called smart box but after changing some settings, it’s now bit more responsive

It depends on which channel you are watching.
MTV Beats HD has awesome Dolby Audio and even pcm audio
VH1 HD and SD has bad quality audio. Compare it to jioTv mobile app and you will notice the difference.
Almost all other music channels have some kind of compression and audio quality is not great, its just ok.
All HD movie channels have great audio quality.

I have connected my stb directly to the av receiver so there is no middle-device interfering with the signal.

It depends on which channel you are watching.
MTV Beats HD has awesome Dolby Audio and even pcm audio
VH1 HD and SD has bad quality audio. Compare it to jioTv mobile app and you will notice the difference.
Almost all other music channels have some kind of compression and audio quality is not great, its just ok.
All HD movie channels have great audio quality.

I have connected my stb directly to the av receiver so there is no middle-device interfering with the signal.
But my ht supports hdmi in but limited to 1080p and no HDR..so can't use it .only option pass through tv

Btw what should be the ideal setting for "digital audio output"
I have many settings like auto, pass through ,pcm, dd, dd+

But my ht supports hdmi in but limited to 1080p and no HDR..so can't use it .only option pass through tv

Btw what should be the ideal setting for "digital audio output"
I have many settings like auto, pass through ,pcm, dd, dd+
On the stb, it should be dolby digital/+.
On Tv depending on the brand and model you can use pass through. But sometimes the TV may send 2ch pcm audio to soundbar in this mode and later the sound bar may not be able to change the audio decoder when Dolby digital is sent. so best to set tv to dolby digital output.
If your tv and sound bar supports Toslink then use that instead of ARC. If TV and soundbar both support eARC then there will be no issues.
If the stb has toslink port then connect that directly to soundbar instead of routing the audio via tv.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock