Discussion Poor audio quality in HT

On the stb, it should be dolby digital/+.
On Tv depending on the brand and model you can use pass through. But sometimes the TV may send 2ch pcm audio to soundbar in this mode and later the sound bar may not be able to change the audio decoder when Dolby digital is sent. so best to set tv to dolby digital output.
If your tv and sound bar supports Toslink then use that instead of ARC. If TV and soundbar both support eARC then there will be no issues.
If the stb has toslink port then connect that directly to soundbar instead of routing the audio via tv.
But how optical digital output is superior to hdmi arc? I mean in every YouTube videos and even technical specs says hdmi connection for soundbar gives better quality than optical audio🤔

Also in digital optical output, the sound is restricted to low bits i.e. 24bits/96khz

Correct me if I am wrong..while google says toslink is same as digital audio output/spdif , now this is a new term for me 😢

I am using binge+ stb which has digital audio output but not sure about toslink.. similarly my soundbar and tv also have digital audio output but again not sure about toslink

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock