Maa TV launches in Singapore via Mio TV

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Reaction score
SingTel has launched the first Telugu channels to be available in Singapore, maa TV (mio TV Channel 671) and maa movies (mio TV Channel 670).

maa TV features the latest drama series and game shows, while maa movies airs a selection of blockbusters from its library.

Together with channels from the existing Desi+ and Kondattam+ packs, mio TV offers Telugu viewers an array of Indian programming including Hindi reality shows, serials and Bollywood blockbusters from channels like SAB TV, SONY MAX and STAR Plus, as well as Tamil reality shows, lifestyle programmes, comedy series and other blockbusters from India with channels such as Sun TV, Vijay TV and Aditya TV.

Mr Goh Seow Eng, SingTel’s managing director of television, said: “As part of our ongoing efforts to expand mio TV’s ethnic offerings, we are delighted to be the first to offer the Telugu community hotly requested channels maa TV and maa movies. These channels will further enhance our already comprehensive 16-channel line-up of the best Indian entertainment in Singapore.”

J Shekar, maa TV Network’s chief operation officer, added: “maa TV Network is delighted to partner SingTel mio TV to bring our renowned channels, maa TV and maa movies, to Singapore. This launch is a milestone as it combines maa’s engaging content with mio TV’s unparalleled reach to bring to the Telugu community, for the first time, wholesome entertainment in their own language.”

Headlining the programme line-up for maa TV will be the popular reality game show Bhale Chancele and the drama series Kodala Kodala Kuduju Pellama.

Meanwhile, maa movies will be airing popular Telugu movies including Aatadu, Orange and Subhalekha.

Mio TV debuts Singapore's first Telugu channels - Rapid TV News India

I really want to know a thing.. But it is off-topic..

I have seen Start Hub's channels in Singapore.. In channels like HBO, Fox Prime Movies (Star Movies), NGC, Cartoon Network, Discovery Channel etc.. In the interim advertisements of these channels, they are always showing the promo of Star Hub network, like a promo for a channel available in Star Hub network with channel number.. At the time when I was in Singapore (Dec 2012), they launched History TV (out History TV 18) on their platform.. All the channels where showing promo on this channel..

What I actually want to know is, whether they are the channels from actual broadcaster or Star Hub is using the channel logo and program content on their platform, so that they can place their own advertisements??

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock