Sad News Many Sony channels removed from Tata Sky due to breakdown in contract negotiations (Sony Six HD Readded)

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,172
  • Views: Views 331,480
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am. getting Sony Ten 1, Ten 3, Sony Six channels when I asked the Customer care to activate it...Received sms that SET, SONY MAX, SONY SAB are also activated..

Are you guys getting these channels?

Update: A reliable yet undisclosable source says two or three more Sony channels will be added on 'one-by-one' basis soon. Re-addition of all remaining channels will happen in December before the TRAI tariff implementation.

Update: A reliable yet undisclosable source says two or three more Sony channels will be added on 'one-by-one' basis soon. Re-addition of all remaining channels will happen in December before the TRAI tariff implementation.

Will it be on RIO basis like existing sony channels or will it be in base packs???

Let them be Sony ESPN SD and HD and Sony Ten 2 SD. Those are the need of the hour. Entertainment channels can wait.

So, maximum in a month all Sony Channels will be back.

All i will say is that subscribers should not fall in this trap, these are just rumors being spread to retain existing base & avoid major churn. Real reason is not TRAI rules, Tata Sky wants to keep a healthy financial cushion to take on Jio in coming months. They aren't willing to give broadcasters a fair rise just to save on costs. This would have been fair if earlier too they charged affordable amount from us & subscribers would have happily supported them in this cause but charging max from us & carriage channels or advetisers & then making us suffer to suit personal interest is absolutely wrong

All i will say is that subscribers should not fall in this trap, these are just rumors being spread to retain existing base & avoid major churn. Real reason is not TRAI rules, Tata Sky wants to keep a healthy financial cushion to take on Jio in coming months. They aren't willing to give broadcasters a fair rise just to save on costs. This would have been fair if earlier too they charged affordable amount from us & subscribers would have happily supported them in this cause but charging max from us & carriage channels or advetisers & then making us suffer to suit personal interest is absolutely wrong
😂😂

Extending the story, X was driving that car on behalf of Y and Y used to pay X an amount of 600 out of 1000. 3 Years later Y started charging 2000 from A,B and C. But adamant not to give X more than 600 according to what they negotiated 3 years back. So one day X said enough is enough I am out of it, I can not continue in same amount.

Then Y started telling A,B and C that X was asking for more money so we have stopped dealing with him. OMG !!! :eek:
If X being a premium brand is overcharhing, taking advantage and exploiting C then company should blame X & force X to mend way else arrange for a new option & take care of rights of C. Also if X is unwilling to help C then he is indirectly damaging his business, if C reaches company & does productive work then there will be more with him to continue services of X & provide steady revenue

Similarly if company pays any third party to get a work done then that agency or individual can't pocket all the money without delivering on promise saying that amount is non refundable & due to unreasonable demand put forward by certain department we can only complete 30% work
Let's stop XYZ & come to fact, in this 3 years time TS added over 350+ channels & removed around 100 (some of the removals were due to shutdown) so net addition is 250. In 2015 TS highest pack costs 450 now 560 so around 25-30% hike by introducing 250 channels on platform. whereas Sony asking a Massive 112.5% of hike in 3 years. So please not just blame TS Sony is equally or say more at fault by opening such a big mouth.

PS: I'm Not supporting TS by removing Sony channels bcoz as a customer I too missing some of the channels I watch :hands:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock