Sad News Many Sony channels removed from Tata Sky due to breakdown in contract negotiations (Sony Six HD Readded)

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,172
  • Views: Views 331,487
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's stop XYZ & come to fact, in this 3 years time TS added over 350+ channels & removed around 100 (some of the removals were due to shutdown) so net addition is 250. In 2015 TS highest pack costs 450 now 560 so around 25-30% hike by introducing 250 channels on platform. whereas Sony asking a Massive 112.5% of hike in 3 years. So please not just blame TS Sony is equally or say more at fault by opening such a big mouth.

PS: I'm Not supporting TS by removing Sony channels bcoz as a customer I too missing some of the channels I watch :hands:
What are you talking bro, 3 Years back I was in mega HD pack, Where all channels and active services use to cost something around 7500 per annum. I don't remember exact amount. Now they are charging 8500 for just all channels, if you will add all services to it, price hike might touch 1000%, or even just add services which were part of mega HD pack, Price hike would be at least 300%.

Coming to Sony price hike, you only see 112% hike, but do you consider 60% larger subscriber base of Tata Sky and 110% more channels offering by Sony, and do not forget many of those added channels are from sports genre, which star itself price at highest. Sony bought Ten recently, so what was Tata Sky paying to Ten already??? add that to previous price as well. If you consider all factors, Sony's demand is justified by all means. :hands:

Last edited:
mytatasky.com is not opening:mad::angry::wall:

Hate u tatasky hate u.
Yes, its down currently. These days their selfcare and website down very often!o_O

What are you talking bro, 3 Years back I was in mega HD pack, Where all channels and active services use to cost something around 7500 per annum. I don't remember exact amount. Now they are charging 8500 for just all channels, if you will add all services to it, price hike might touch 1000%, or even just add services which were part of mega HD pack, Price hike would be at least 300%.

Coming to Sony price hike, you only see 112% hike, but do you consider 60% larger subscriber base of Tata Sky and 110% more channels offering by Sony, and do not forget many of those added channels are from sports genre, which star itself price at highest. If you consider all factors, Sony's demand is justified by all means. :hands:
So you completely IGNORED addition of nearly 250 channels. And as far as price is concerned you if you do LTR for ultra pack cost 560*11= 6160 and TS gives HDAF offer twice or thrice at RS 1/- and for remaining of the months you can get it for 99/pm So 99"10= 990 so total yearly spend 7150 (6160+990). So it's cheaper from what you were paying 3 years back and top of that over 200 channels might have added to the pack. And yes they removed active service but 90% of us don't use them and even if you use them get it on every JWed or JSat offers. So far as TS pack pricing it is fully justified.

In 2015 sony were having the biggest commercial sporting property in India that's why they able to charge 800 cr for just 10-12 channels but now they don't have any major commercial sporting event. So how they can ask for such a huge increase after losing IPL somewhere around at 1000-1100 deal is enough imho.

So you completely IGNORED addition of nearly 250 channels. And as far as price is concerned you if you do LTR for ultra pack cost 560*11= 6160 and TS gives HDAF offer twice or thrice at RS 1/- and for remaining of the months you can get it for 99/pm So 99"10= 990 so total yearly spend 7150 (6160+990). So it's cheaper from what you were paying 3 years back and top of that over 200 channels might have added to the pack. And yes they removed active service but 90% of us don't use them and even if you use them get it on every JWed or JSat offers. So far as TS pack pricing it is fully justified.

In 2015 sony were having the biggest commercial sporting property in India that's why they able to charge 800 cr for just 10-12 channels but now they don't have any major commercial sporting event. So how they can ask for such a huge increase after losing IPL somewhere around at 1000-1100 deal is enough imho.
FYI HDAF is 175 and not 99, secondly any Rs. 1 offer is for people who are already not subscribed to that pack. Thirdly you are comparing price of limited pack now vs all channels and services pack 3 years back, which does not make any sense. If you say 90% of us dont use those services, then I can also say 90% of us dont watch 90% of those channels, and lastly for Jwed or JSat offers, if I would have been with Tata Sky waiting for those offers to save few bucks, then I would have switched to other DTH long time back and would have saved thousands by now. Moreover if one is already in a pack which has all channels, then those offers are useless for one anyway.

Coming to IPL, so you mean a 40-50 day event with 250 Hours of live programming in a year is more than anything else, OMG!!! and those just channels sony added in last 3 years, you are talking about are the likes of

Sony Max HD (Dec 2015 after last deal)
Sony BBC Earth HD
Sony BBC Earth
Sony Rox HD
SAB HD
Sony TEN 1 HD
Sony TEN 1
Sony TEN 2 HD
Sony TEN 2
Sony TEN 3 HD
Sony TEN 3
Sony ESPN HD
Sony ESPN 1
Sony LePlex HD

Last edited:
TataSky and Sony are playing their own game of profits and we customers can do nothing but to sit back and watch like a clay doll. Bros Is their any way to protests against these wrong doing by these big companies? Or we just have to wait for their mercy with our tied hands.

So you have DD FD too ? I did not know. Sorry for my ignorance.
You would have knew by now if you checked my profile's about tab.

Anyways, let us not take the thread off-topic.

FYI HDAF is 175 and not 99,
Thanks for informing that HDAF is 175 as I never knew that bcoz I never paid 175 for whole month 😉
secondly any Rs. 1 offer is for people who are already not subscribed to that pack.
Thirdly you are comparing price of limited pack now vs all channels and services pack 3 years back, which does not make any sense.
If you say 90% of us dont use those services, then I can also say 90% of us dont watch 90% of those channels, and lastly for Jwed or JSat offers, if I would have been with Tata Sky waiting for those offers to save few bucks, then I would have switched to other DTH long time back and would have saved thousands by now. Moreover if one is already in a pack which has all channels, then those offers are useless for one anyway.
Okay 3 years price 7500 now 8500 so hiked by only 13.33%
As you said now you are not getting active services That's what I'm saying one can get their important Active service on re 1 offer. As you say 90% channels addition are useless, so for us those active services are more important than actual Sat Channels OMG!!

Coming to IPL, so you mean a 40-50 day event with 250 Hours of live programming in a year is more than anything else, OMG!!! and those just channels sony added in last 3 years, you are talking about are the likes of
Sony Max HD (Dec 2015 after last deal)
Sony BBC Earth HD
Sony BBC Earth
Sony Rox HD
SAB HD
Sony TEN 1 HD
Sony TEN 1
Sony TEN 2 HD
Sony TEN 2
Sony TEN 3 HD
Sony TEN 3
Sony ESPN HD
Sony ESPN 1
Sony LePlex HD
So for launching 13 channels as Sony ESPN earlier available as Kix 112.5% of hike is justified and don't forget now they have also lost the distribution rights of TV today network which includes India's most watched News channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock