Sad News Many Sony channels removed from Tata Sky due to breakdown in contract negotiations (Sony Six HD Readded)

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,172
  • Views: Views 331,785
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a person is living outside India and doesn't have registered mobile number, how will he activate these channels?

If a person is living outside India and doesn't have registered mobile number, how will he activate these channels?
From Mytatasky online chat .. request to activate all available sony channels in your package.

@Bapun Raz bro just a curiosity for how many years at a time u rhcz ur tata?
Bro, I used to recharge for a complete year when Tata Sky had Mega pack. Later they changed it to Platinum pack, removed all Actve services from costliest pack and i moved to Semi-annual pack. My pack is expiring next month. Last month i recharged Rs. 200 twice via mVisa offer and got Rs. 100 cashback (50-50 each) so having some balance to use after pack expiration.
Arre bhai enjoy other stuff, Sony issue is not a major problem unless it spreads to other broadcasters too. Just chill, watch what's available, surf on internet, go out & enjoy life. We sometimes become too emotional about things, do not worry Tata Sky is not sleeping. Behind this silence endless discussions must be taking place. These are challenging times but eventually better sense will prevail. Only thing i don't want is that price war adversely affecting quality of service or products
Bro, I am surprised this post came from you. Because during 2012-14 times you used to ask TS users to mail Tata Sky to add various channel. Your list was very long too. It was during Tata Sky space crunch times. Sad days those were.

Since Tata Sky has removed popular channels (though they still mention popular channels has been kept!) you should demand them to add those.

Bro, I used to recharge for a complete year when Tata Sky had Mega pack. Later they changed it to Platinum pack, removed all Actve services from costliest pack and i moved to Semi-annual pack. My pack is expiring next month. Last month i recharged Rs. 200 twice via mVisa offer and got Rs. 100 cashback (50-50 each) so having some balance to use after pack expiration.

Bro, I am surprised this post came from you. Because during 2012-14 times you used to ask TS users to mail Tata Sky to add various channel. Your list was very long too. It was during Tata Sky space crunch times. Sad days those were.

Since Tata Sky has removed popular channels (though they still mention popular channels has been kept!) you should demand them to add those.

Bapun bro those times were truly horrible, remember they were not even providing basic channels in every genre hence i was in favour of building public momentum and make them add these channels. Above all most irritating thing was they started adding all sorts of premium service channels & kept giving us excuse of bandwidth when we requested to bring channels like Movies Now, Food Food, 9X Jalwa etc. on their platform. They were completely not giving any importance to our voice while used to add sister network Star India channels on launch day itself. All this compounded together caused me immense disatisfaction & feeling let down. Do u recall the Zee-Star rivalry, Dish TV did not air majority Star Chs and Tata Sky hated Zee, we weren't getting Zee Classic, Ten Action etc. till 2011. These kind of things require mass opposition, I can understand if there is a genuine issue and things are being worked without causing major inconvenience to us but to simply act ignorant is simply unacceptable. In this Sony Issue too i have sent feedback multiple times that despite urging you to run scrolls on channels scheduled to be dropped since last 5 years, why have u not implemented this step? All the people don't read Indian Express or Navbharat Times & will know about public notice, unnecessarily causing distress by sudden removal & forcing people to give missed calls or ask answers is not right way to handle this situation. Call Centre and their subscriber management system gets overloaded bcoz of huge traffic which reflects intentional unprofessional approach of Tata Sky, all this just to not face anger beforehand.

I am not feeling impacted in a major way due to channels dropped & believe so would be case with others after thoroughly going thru content not available. By the way have u given missed call to get applicable channels back in ur pack or let go off some of them. I have not opted for Sony Max under this RIO FOC system as i do not watch any movies shown on this channel, if someone offers me Rs. 100 for this channel still i won't add it in my account. Sony Max just airs dubbed south indian movies without caring about people like me who would rather like watching a nice YRF or other post 2000 movies on this channel. Looking forward to hearing ur side. :)

Last edited:
Bapun bro those times were truly horrible, remember they were not even providing basic channels in every genre hence i was in favour of building public momentum and make them add these channels. Above all most irritating thing was they started adding all sorts of premium service channels & kept giving us excuse of bandwidth when we requested to bring channels like Movies Now, Food Food, 9X Jalwa etc. on their platform. They were completely not giving any importance to our voice while used to add sister network Star India channels on launch day itself. All this compounded together caused me immense disatisfaction & feeling let down.
Fully agreed bro with these lines, they used to add Star channels on launch day itself and rest of the channels were not getting even after years. I was badly missing music channels then, we had only 3 dedicated music channels then and i was so much excited when 9xm was added! :)
By the way have u given missed call to get applicable channels back in ur pack or let go off some of them. I have not opted for Sony Max under this RIO FOC system as i do not watch any movies shown on this channel, if someone offers me Rs. 100 for this channel still i won't add it in my account. Sony Max just airs dubbed south indian movies without caring about people like me who would rather like watching a nice YRF or other post 2000 movies on this channel. Looking forward to hearing ur side. :)
I tried to give SMS but that didn't work on first day of channel removal but i was so keen to watch KBC on Sony HD as that day 1cr. episode was going to be telecasted so tried multiple times and activated it. Later i managed to do chat with cc via tatasky mobile app and activated all channels at once, that was easy peasy!

I too don't tune to Max because of over dose of South films. But they are not that bad, i watch them when someone else control the remote and tune to those channels.

Fully agreed bro with these lines, they used to add Star channels on launch day itself and rest of the channels were not getting even after years. I was badly missing music channels then, we had only 3 dedicated music channels then and i was so much excited when 9xm was added! :)

I tried to give SMS but that didn't work on first day of channel removal but i was so keen to watch KBC on Sony HD as that day 1cr. episode was going to be telecasted so tried multiple times and activated it. Later i managed to do chat with cc via tatasky mobile app and activated all channels at once, that was easy peasy!

I too don't tune to Max because of over dose of South films. But they are not that bad, i watch them when someone else control the remote and tune to those channels.

Bhai it's painful even to remember those days, apart from Tata Sky not adding channels we had very limited options for entertainment unlike today where there r plenty that too free or at affordable prices. This is why i suggested all to take it easy & enjoy other stuff, both r big companies & will work out to resolve their differences soon. Clearly have memories of those days when we had just 3 options for music channels in Hindi - 701 for MTV, 702 for Channel V, 703 for 9XM & 705 for E24 which aired mix Bollywood + Music content. For English Music options still remain same as Tata Sky has purposefully removed 9XO so that subscribers opt for Tata Sky Music+ service, some habits die hard & selfishness overpowers ethics. I am hoping that Indiacast Channels are also dropped so that they r forced to add 9XO as replacement, they can't have situation where not even 1 option for this genre is not given to us. You all also pray for it, just a temporary standoff will help get such channels added.

Excited to see how Sony Channels which have been dropped perform on BARC Ratings Chart, also see how much downslide all the fuss caused in viewership of retained channels. Discounting all the natural weekly ups and downs, i don't think something major would come out. Ratings releasing tomorrow will have data from 29th September to 5th October so it will reflect performance of these channels on first 5 days of tussle. We will discuss it tomorrow. Good Night Bhai :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock