Sad News Many Sony channels removed from Tata Sky due to breakdown in contract negotiations (Sony Six HD Readded)

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,172
  • Views: Views 331,750
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've recharged d2h (SD) for 5 years (1 year free) in 2013. With the additional balance, upgraded to 4K in 2015. Again recharged for 2 years.
The point is that there is no benefit in recharging for more than 1 year, recharging for 5 years with 1 year extra free seems to be loss to me, if we had fixed deposit also then we will earn more interest during that period than free term, also we are getting stuck in the service provider for that much time and we need to use our amount whether we want it or not.

Last edited:
The point is that there is no benefit in recharging for more than 1 year, recharging for 5 years with 1 year extra free seems to be loss to me, if we had fixed deposit also then we will earn more interest during that period than free term, also we are getting stuck in the service provider for that much time and we need to use our amount whether we want it or not.
That is the case with DTHs. In digital cable TV, I had done recharge for 10 years, got a microwave free, almost channels never disconnected except Star channels during CT 2017 and Zee channels in 2010. But moved out of it in February this year

Guys I called TS CC for more than 15 times for some of my technical problems, but they had put both the toll-free and normal lines busy only beeping sound coming. Is this Sony effect. What should I do?
Alternatively you can mail your problems to [email protected]. They will respond when. I have good experience,

That is the case with DTHs. In digital cable TV, I had done recharge for 10 years, got a microwave free, almost channels never disconnected except Star channels during CT 2017 and Zee channels in 2010. But moved out of it in February this year
Exactly. I was with Siti cable for 9 years. Never a channel was dropped from the platform.

Bros my point is when the Sony channels will come back when when when? Are they really coming back or they are blown away for ever. I am missing Sony BBC world Sony espn Sony rox hd. We guys are writing messages tweeting ..... but nothing is happening. They just shut their ears and sleeping. They means TS and Sony. They are laughing and laughing at the customers. We don't have any power to do anything to these companies. We have to sit ideal and write these messages and look on to them when they kindly activate the channels.

Well almost entirely Tata Sky is at fault in these ongoing disputes. Well apart from Star India launching new sports channels after certain intervals & using it to air cricket highlights all day + charging more money for it, most other broadcasters do not have this habit of launching unnecessary channels which burden our pockets.

I can give slight benefit of doubt & side by Tata Sky if its proved that they don't take carriage fee from Pay TV or Big Broadcasters to place their new channels on its platform. Previously Mr. Nagpal had stated that we do not believe in taking money from content providers to rent out transponder space, infact we try to share revenue so that there is balanced growth. Incase this is true then be it Indiacast, Sony, Zee etc. All of them must have saved lots of money by just not having to pay humongous carriage fee for making their channel available on Tata Sky & as reciprocation should agree to Tata Sky's demand of not hiking Fixed Deal Agreement at time of renewal by large margin. FTA channels from small broadcasters have to shell out money to the operator for TP space and other running costs bcoz subscribers do not pay for watching these channels. But still as Tata Sky has increased prices for us on a continuous basis hence they can't simply say that we can't provide channels only bcoz of upward trend in input costs , they had maintained a cushion and now need to sort out things in interest of subscribers.

Last edited:
Bros my point is when the Sony channels will come back when when when? Are they really coming back or they are blown away for ever. I am missing Sony BBC world Sony espn Sony rox hd. We guys are writing messages tweeting ..... but nothing is happening. They just shut their ears and sleeping. They means TS and Sony. They are laughing and laughing at the customers. We don't have any power to do anything to these companies. We have to sit ideal and write these messages and look on to them when they kindly activate the channels.
Wait till October end. If zee and colors group channels gone, then forget

Wait till October end. If zee and colors group channels gone, then forget

Arre bhai enjoy other stuff, Sony issue is not a major problem unless it spreads to other broadcasters too. Just chill, watch what's available, surf on internet, go out & enjoy life. We sometimes become too emotional about things, do not worry Tata Sky is not sleeping. Behind this silence endless discussions must be taking place. These are challenging times but eventually better sense will prevail. Only thing i don't want is that price war adversely affecting quality of service or products

Arre bhai enjoy other stuff, Sony issue is not a major problem unless it spreads to other broadcasters too. Just chill, watch what's available, surf on internet, go out & enjoy life. We sometimes become too emotional about things, do not worry Tata Sky is not sleeping. Behind this silence endless discussions must be taking place. These are challenging times but eventually better sense will prevail. Only thing i don't want is that price war adversely affecting quality of service or products
I chose and paid Tata Sky for some exclusive channels also. I can live with this for a while but why should I pay the same amount when I don't find any premium anymore and any exclusive channels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock