Marketing Strategies of Sun Direct

Bishnu15

Contributor
Reaction score
Today I was having a chat with Sun Direct Kolkata Zonal Head, Sales. I was asking him about Marketing Strategies of Sun Direct for ROI as they are yet to add new channels for ROI since last three years. He said, SD is gradually trying to get a strong foothold on ROI as well that's why they added these 7 channels in the beginning of the year - DD -India / DD -Rajasthan / DD -North -East / DD -Madhya Pradesh / DD - Uttar Pradesh / DD -Bihar / Sony Six. They also added Samaya News 24X7 which is though a Kannada Channel. About Discovery Tamil addition he said people were demanding more infotainment channels after the removal of Fox Traveller from its platform. He said, in the near future SD is planning to launch few more channels if space permits. I asked about new Bengali channels. He said Sun Direct might be having less Bengali channels but they are having top class Bengali Channels. They are having No.1 Bengali News Channel ABP Ananda. Plus Aakash Aath also caters to news & current affairs. So is DD -Bangla. About Bengali Movies he said that daily Bengali Movies are being telecast on DD -Bangla & ETV Bangla. Zee Bangla NO.1 Bengali Entertainment channel. He also said sun direct was always looking for 24 Ghanta but things did not work out accordingly. At the present moment instead of adding many new channels they will be focusing on their low monthly plan compared to other dths.

I also asked him is sun direct serious towards West Bengal ? He said me that apart from South in ROI West Bengal is the only place where they have generated a sufficient amount of revenue. So inspite of removing several channels they have never yet dared to remove a single Bengali channel. I asked about ETV Odia. He said in Orissa SD is running at a loss. They at the present moment have no interest in adding new Odia Channels. But in the near future they might add back ETV Odia. But its not confirmed. They will focus more on the low ROI monthly plan compared to other dths. I asked two new channels are added in their tps. What can be those ? He said those will disclosed soon. He concluded in 2014 Sun Direct will like to add more subscribers to its kitty from West Bengal. How ? He revealed - By giving maximum focus on low ROI monthly plan compared to other dths. New Bengali channels ? He signed off by saying please wait and watch.

Come on friends. Comment here. Always sun direct threads are empty. Give useful comments. Not just only good update.

jinto999 said:
What about measat 3b?
(i am new here)

Measat 3b will take time to launch. But in the mean time sun direct will keep on adding channels but at a very very slow pace.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock