Seeking Help Move To D2h

Hi, if we change dth provider should we buy new STB? Is there any possibility to use the same STB?

Ofcourse bro.. Portability not available in DTH Sector
But according to TRAI order,
"If a consumer manages to find a set-top-box or equipment that works with a particular cable or Direct To Home (DTH) service, then he or she should be allowed to use the same by the DTH or cable operator "
Source:TRAI caps DTH, cable installation charges at `500
But usually STB of one dth will not be compatable with stb of other dth. Maybe satellite receiver and wires maybe compatable, and old one can be used?

Last edited:
Pls explain about it.
Dish TV new set-top boxes which are NXT models are useable on 2 satellites. The same box can be used for Dish TV and same can be used for D2H satellite. By this, you will be in a position to chose between two providers and will be having a safety to switch to Dish TV or D2H without changing any set-top box.

Last edited:
Dish TV new set-top boxes which are NXT models are useable on 2 satellites. The same box can be used for Dish TV and same can be used for D2H satellite. By this, you will be in a position to chose between two providers and will be having a safety to switch to Dish TV or D2H without changing any set-top box.
Thanks for the information. Today there is a news that portability of STB will be introduced by year end. This was confirmed by TRAI chief. Very good move.
Portability of set-top boxes by year-end: Trai chief - Times of India

Dth settop boxes are slow. Some time hanging.
Compare to sun settopbox , sun boxes are speedy UI and so many customercare/ service points. HD quality of sun is very good.
D2h is in sinking ship.
Don't make hurry decision s. Wait at least one month. , watch implementation of TRAI rules.

Last edited:
Reading review about recent sun HD boxes ,
Its very horrible .
I used sun box last year. My openion about that boxes. Still those boxes are running very good..
I think latest boxes are worst.
Stick to topic guys it's d2h section

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock