Seeking Help Moving out of Sun Direct. I should move to Dish TV or D2H?

Reaction score
I'm a Sun direct user. And now because of their non addition of FTA South Channels and Zee Channels I'm planning to move to other DTH which is budget friendly but also have some decent channel count. I'm really confused to choose between Dish TV and D2H. They both have merged their business but still their channel capacity differs. I'm really impressed with D2H's tamizha combo Rs.169 pack & Kondattam pack in Dish TV which is really cheap. But still D2H lags in providing broadcaster bouquet packs like Times HD which is available in Dish TV. Somebody please help me. As I'm a beginner I'm really confused whether Dish TV(SES-8) can also receive channels from D2H's ST 2 (88.0 E) satellite which has more south channels.

I suggest you go for D2h if the consideration is south while for English movie channels also you can go for Dishtv aligned to ST2 but in future all max south channels will be on D2h.
Sir, By saying Dish TV aligned to ST 2 what do you mean sir? Can u please explain. I need south channels but english broadcaster packs as well which is quite affordable than the curated packs. My question is whether Dish TV is receiving from D2H's satellite too? So could you say it elaborately please. Thanks in advance. :)

I'm a Sun direct user. And now because of their non addition of FTA South Channels and Zee Channels I'm planning to move to other DTH which is budget friendly but also have some decent channel count. I'm really confused to choose between Dish TV and D2H. They both have merged their business but still their channel capacity differs. I'm really impressed with D2H's tamizha combo Rs.169 pack & Kondattam pack in Dish TV which is really cheap. But still D2H lags in providing broadcaster bouquet packs like Times HD which is available in Dish TV. Somebody please help me. As I'm a beginner I'm really confused whether Dish TV(SES-8) can also receive channels from D2H's ST 2 (88.0 E) satellite which has more south channels.
If you need more tamil channels then you go with dish tv aligned to ST 2. All LCN will be same as D2H and will get bouquet packs too.

If you need more tamil channels then you go with dish tv aligned to ST 2. All LCN will be same as D2H and will get bouquet packs too.
Thanks for the reply sir. I've read a post in D2H forum saying that it is impossible to align D2H to Dish TV's satellite for getting English HD channels and other north Indian channels. But now I came to know that Dish TV can be aligned to D2H's ST2 satellite. Why the vice versa is not possible? Is there any technical constraints? Can anyone explain me this please.

Thanks for the reply sir. I've read a post in D2H forum saying that it is impossible to align D2H to Dish TV's satellite for getting English HD channels and other north Indian channels. But now I came to know that Dish TV can be aligned to D2H's ST2 satellite. Why the vice versa is not possible? Is there any technical constraints? Can anyone explain me this please.
With Dishtv ST2 you will only get Channels that are Available in ST2(d2h) you will miss the channels which are missing in ST2 but present in SES-8 though u r a Dishtv user.You can't chose d2h pack thought u are getting channels from ST2 with DishtvST2.

Packs for both the DTH operators are normalized so there is little difference.

D2H is the neglected step son of Dish TV and aside from packs, there is hardly any reason to go for. You can get a Dish TV connection and if you are in south the they will align to ST2 (D2H) satellite by default unless you advice them otherwise. The SES8 satellite doesn't have much of the south channels of it's not recommended ask to alignment at SES8.

Long story short- Go for Dish TV with ST2.

Packs for both the DTH operators are normalized so there is little difference.

D2H is the neglected step son of Dish TV and aside from packs, there is hardly any reason to go for. You can get a Dish TV connection and if you are in south the they will align to ST2 (D2H) satellite by default unless you advice them otherwise. The SES8 satellite doesn't have much of the south channels of it's not recommended ask to alignment at SES8.

Long story short- Go for Dish TV with ST2.
Thank you for your suggestion sir. And yes I'm gonna book a Dish TV new connection aligned with ST2 (Kondattam Pack Rs.169 with Times and turner bouquets will cost me around 200 rupees monthly which is really affordable). Just now spoke with my friend who is a D2H user. He warned me not to choose D2H because once if we choose any combo pack it seems that we can't choose any broadcaster bouquets and I have confirmed that in their website with his registered mobile number. Thank god that I didn't go for D2H.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock