Multiple bidders in the fray to buy stake Zee Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think before business
They didn't know d2h was also in loss

Whatever happened till now is drama
I want Sony to buy it or Viacom
Give competition to star
But its quite complicated since many channels are running from Sony and Viacom and giving competition to Zee in same genres.
The best is a company that never had any Indian operations. Comcast is the best example. Another example would be CBS. It acquired Australia's struggling Network Ten and rebranded it last year.

But yet another possibility is a company with a relatively small presence in India like Discovery. In Poland, Discovery acquired TVN, one of the biggest networks there.
Agreed. But I think Comcast has enough financial power to cop up with Disney Star. I had doubts that discovery can manage it all?

Last edited:
Comcast is TV 18 ?
Absolutely not. TV18 is owned by Reliance Industries. In fact TV18 has partnerships with as many as four American media networks.
  1. Comcast (NBCUniversal) for the CNBC channels.
  2. AT&T/Warner Media (Turner) for CNN-News18.
  3. Viacom for the Viacom18 network.
  4. A&E for History TV18 and FYI TV18.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. TV18 is owned by Reliance Industries. In fact TV18 has partnerships with as many as four American media networks.

I asked bcoz comcast and cnbc logo are almost similar

Well comcast was In talks of acquiring Viacom inc. Which may change relationships of many networks in india

Becaz comcast have some rights on disney fox ( 21st century fox ) also on Viacom inc and colambia motion pictures which belongs to sony , Viacom has relationships with sun as sun 18 and if sony acquires zee, then all leading channels will be sister channels 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😅

Just imagine if Sony acquires majority stakes in Zee. Then the same scenario in Sports repeats in General entertainment section.2 major players Star & Sony.[Rest viacom only strong in Hindi and Kannada, Sun only in tamil. Contentwise they will be far from Star and Sony(Sony + Zee) ].

It is official subash Chandra writes open letter to sell zee ent stakes and not to keep even a single rupee till they pay all their debt.
He also urges leaders to maintain patience till essel sell their stakes.
SET Asia and network 18 are showing interest to purchase however it is shown +ve with SET. But the partners are not confirmed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock