My Review of Videocon D2H HD Zapper!

mussu-100

Reaction score
Well, a few days ago, my Dish TruHD+ STB didn't start up. So I called my dealer and he thought it would be a perfect time to replace my STB for the D2H Zapper. So I paid PKR 5000 to him, and he replaced my faulty Dish TruHD+ STB for a brand new D2H Zapper STB and he installed it as well.

I had become tired of the fact that Dish TV didn't add the ESS HD sports channels. My biggest fear was that the PQ and AQ of D2H would be extremely poor. But IT WAS NOT! In fact on my 32" LCD Screen, there was absolutely no difference in PQ of HD channels between Dish TV and D2H! And the PQ of SD channels is in fact better than that of Dish TV (If you have both, then switch to Ten Sports and see the difference). When it comes to AQ, I don't have a 5.1 Dolby Home Theater so I cant tell you about that. However the AQ seems at par with Dish TV.

In terms of the STB itself; it seems to be slightly faster than the Dish TruHD+ STB. But its MUCH more confusing...

So far I've had two problems, but none of them have been serious. Firstly, this morning when I switched on the TV, you could hear the audio on all the channels, and you could see the the Videocon D2H logo in the corner, but the screen was black. I had to restart the STB, and then it was fine. Secondly, last night, all the HD channels were freezing quite a bit but that problem seized to exist in 10-15 minutes. Other that I've had no problems.

Its only been two days. But so far I'm happy with my new STB. For people who looking to buy a DTH connection, I recommend Dish TV if you don't have money issues, and you dont mind having no ESS HD channels. However, so far I'm impressed with D2H and I would recommend it. Don't believe people who say that D2H's picture quality is poor. I assure you it's not.

Messu Bro Seems like finally your wise have come true to watch Sports in HD on ESPN and Star Cricket HD. Would love to See Screenshots of your new Videocon D2h STB and Channels. Congrats on your new Connection.

mussu-100 said:
Well, a few days ago, my Dish TruHD+ STB didn't start up. So I called my dealer and he thought it would be a perfect time to replace my STB for the D2H Zapper. So I paid PKR 5000 to him, and he replaced my faulty Dish TruHD+ STB for a brand new D2H Zapper STB and he installed it as well.

I had become tired of the fact that Dish TV didn't add the ESS HD sports channels. My biggest fear was that the PQ and AQ of D2H would be extremely poor. But IT WAS NOT! In fact on my 32" LCD Screen, there was absolutely no difference in PQ of HD channels between Dish TV and D2H! And the PQ of SD channels is in fact better than that of Dish TV (If you have both, then switch to Ten Sports and see the difference). When it comes to AQ, I don't have a 5.1 Dolby Home Theater so I cant tell you about that. However the AQ seems at par with Dish TV.

In terms of the STB itself; it seems to be slightly faster than the Dish TruHD+ STB. But its MUCH more confusing...

So far I've had two problems, but none of them have been serious. Firstly, this morning when I switched on the TV, you could hear the audio on all the channels, and you could see the the Videocon D2H logo in the corner, but the screen was black. I had to restart the STB, and then it was fine. Secondly, last night, all the HD channels were freezing quite a bit but that problem seized to exist in 10-15 minutes. Other that I've had no problems.

Its only been two days. But so far I'm happy with my new STB. For people who looking to buy a DTH connection, I recommend Dish TV if you don't have money issues, and you dont mind having no ESS HD channels. However, so far I'm impressed with D2H and I would recommend it. Don't believe people who say that D2H's picture quality is poor. I assure you it's not.

Now you believe me about pq.
Dish tv has poorest pq on sd channels among 6dths.

Here are some pictures:

STB:

HuQauBo.jpg

Star Cricket HD:

zqfXdKD.jpg

ESPN HD:

ux6Qg5x.jpg

I'm getting 100% Signal Strength and 75% Signal Quality! :tup

I will post a detailed review after I have used Videocon D2H for some time.

mussu 100 , aoa can you please tell me how was your experience with videocon i am about to purchase it , if you can provide mob no or call on 03225122460 it will be very helpful

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock