Sad News Nat Geo People HD and Nat Geo Music HD will no longer be available from 20th June 2019

• Thread starter RLOA
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 97
  • Views: Views 18,164
Baby TV is solely catering to children from age group 0 - 5 so obviously we will not connect with the content shown on it the same way learning brain of a toddler would. It is by no means a crap channel and this alongwith CBeebies, Disney Junior or Nick Jr. r must for babies.
Oh man this is India. Childrens till 1.5 -2 yrs don't watch TV & after that they start watching popular channels like hungama, Pogo, Sony Yay, etc. Many including parents are even not aware about baby TV. They just skip it.
Nowadays, childrens are even not watching TV. Due to presence of mobile phones around them since birth they start watching various shows, funny videos & obviously cartoons also on YouTube.

Last edited:
Oh man this is India. Childrens till 1.5 -2 yrs don't watch TV & after that they start watching popular channels like hungama, Pogo, Sony Yay, etc. Many including parents are even not aware about baby TV. They just skip it.
Nowadays, childrens are even not watching TV. Due to presence of mobile phones around them since birth they start watching various shows, funny videos & obviously cartoons also.

Brother i gave u a very generic and genuine reason. Going more into this topic, one can discuss changing behaviour of children over last decade or so. But still children do watch TV as it is reflected in kids channel ratings , obviously those in 0-5 have other problems too hence can't watch much TV at that age.

There is still heavy demand from parents to get CBeebies back to India and same will happen soon. Already BBC has got licence for it. It is much better channel than Baby TV which i have no issue in admitting but if we have options to watch so many channels then cute babies must have that freedom to else they will cry and give parents trouble. Remember they cannot speak or throw tantrums like grown ups at that age :)

There is still heavy demand from parents to get CBeebies back to India and same will happen soon. Already BBC has got licence for it. It is much better channel than Baby TV which i have no issue in admitting but if we have options to watch so many channels then cute babies must have that freedom to else they will cry and give parents trouble. Remember they cannot speak or throw tantrums like grown ups at that age :)
Yes, it's a good channel. I agree on this but baby TV is just a🤬🤬.
Anyways, now no more comments on this.

I have no issues with kind of content people like or dislike but atleast broadcasters should be innovative, creative and more energised to present diverse things to us. If things remain like it is going then except regular local soaps, music, news or repetitive films we will hardly have something worth to watch on tv.

Already OTT has made big headway in landscape which has caused English Entertainment, English Movies, English Music tv viewership shrunk. It seriously gives impression that TV industry has given up and finding ways to restrain growth of OTT rather than catch up or find ways to stay step ahead.

Pricing, Promotions, Distribution, Best Content, Precise scheduling etc. must be done to get healthy results. I see nothing happening except in few cases like Comedy Central or even with Colors Infinity till few months back but new rules has impacted it negatively. Niche Channels r revenue generators but failing miserably, operators like Tata Sky have already realised this and now offering OTT service in partnership with many platforms thru a similar revenue share model.
Well Channels like HBO Defined , HBO Hits can do quite well but a fine balance has to be maintained between subscription and ads. Buying new, popular content is expensive and telecasting it soon after release adds to acquisition cost. Tell me how many people will be ready to pay even Rs. 30/month for these 2 channels , rest can be taken care of using premium ad slots.

Most of this audience base will prefer opting for OTT where they can get access to much more than combined content of niche channels at similar or lower cost . So who is at fault? Both broadcasters and people at large. Some mature understanding of market dynamics need to be there but common people will just compare price or basic factors. Running TV channel is much more costly than OTT platform hence pricing cannot be compared
I agree with you OTT apps like crunchyroll, Funimation, Sony LIV ( for Animax Asia HD)and Netflix . They carry animes and good foreign content for people like me who love good content

Today i saw scrawl running at Nat Geo Music at DishTV that channels is going to be removed from May 24th
Many people have their opinions But i think
TRAI rule is biggest blow to many such channels specially English ones as people don't want to pay extra for these channels as the bill has already been risen so high thanks to NCF and A la Carte pricing so people now pays for Hindi and other Indian Language channels only
Where is time for these channels ? We have Mobile which have highly addictive Facebook Twitter Instagram WhatsApp YouTube !
So unless bundled with popular packs survival of such channels is very very difficult now.

Nat Geo Telugu & Nat Geo Tamil logo (last logo collected from trademarks site)
Zta7CTK.jpg

They can't adapt foreign mature shows or Japanese anime
Aye, hold on. Everyone in my age group watches 9anime. Just the id*ot box viewers dont connect to it. Same for foreign shows. People watch it on Streaming services and not on TV

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock