Need help regarding sound output in d2h HD

sunsou

Reaction score
Hi friends,
I'm planning to get a new d2h HD (not DVR) connection. My doubt is regarding the sound output.
I have a Sony HTS, which unfortunately does not have either an optical or co-axial input. The only digital input it has is via ARC. It has the conventional RCA (red and white) input for sound, which will not carry digital sound, but my TV does not support ARC.
I'm currently using an Asianet digital TV set top box, in which even with the RCA, I'm getting 5.1 sound in some channels (HBO, Movies NOW, NGC etc.), probably through prologic function in the HTS.
The reason I'm planning to shift to an HD connection is to improve the sound through my HTS, possibly 5.1.
I'm planning to connect the dth STB to the TV using HDMI and TV audio out to HTS or STB audio out to HTS using RCA cable.
If there is any one out there who is using such a setup or knows about this, please advise me whether I'll get 5.1 sound, even if fake, in atleast some of the channels (I watch english movies mostly).
Also, for this purpose which DTH is more likely to work - d2h or ADTV.
Which stb carries digital sound via hdmi?
Kindly advice and thanks in advance.

With the current version of FW, digital audio is not transmitted via HDMI. Hopefully it is added with FW upgrades in future.
Anyway, you can't use DD audio. So, you will get similar sound like your current set up with D2h also.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock