Needed Contact Details of Hathway Digital Cable

Local Cable guys says if u keep STB on for days it will become warm and it can develop malfunctions within the STB. SO he advices to switch it off. so all the subscribers put it off at night.

I have emailed In Cable so many times and I have even given them my LCO's contact details but still I havnt got an official confirmation from them.

Will try to speak to my Local MLA (CM) but It will take time isn't it.

And whats irritating is that there are no fixed channel no unlike the cisco STB. After each scan completes some channels get stored in new LCN No's.

That means many subscribers switch STB on in the morning & then kwitch it off at night. But then these cable operators keep their STBs on almost forever. I mean STBs are designed that way but I dont know the quality of STBs provided by cable providers so better switch it off during night. You may want to try keeping STB on forever by taking some risk.

Its surprising that STB requires scan everytime & it stores channels on different LCNs, might be some memory/HW issue with STB that cable operator is not interested in.

Are you using HD STB? Do your cable operator provide other STB models like HD STB? Have you tried using other STB models if cable guy is providing?

Alternatively you can ask cable operator to provide other good quality FTA STB from market if you are ready to shell out more money & there is no pairing or any other tech difficulties involved.

Cable business involves lot of local politics. So involving local leaders to pressurise cable guys might help.

Incable has footprints in most parts of India except few eastern states as per map shown on their website. If InCable is operating in Margao then definitely thay will want to expand their business just like everyone. But then even if it happens, it may take more time depending on local factors.

Thanks Ninad G bro. Well as I said earlier in 2009 they were providing cisco DVB Z260 model STB (SD) in that the LCN no (the channel list) were the exact same as to that of hathway Mumbai. and I think channel no's are set by the control room (head end).

In 2011 the cable operator who is my good friend told me that the MSO has decided to change the STB and do upgradation in the headend. SO he told me that all stb's will have to be changed free of cost.

So then from the very next day the cisco stb stopped working and no channels were available.
Cisco STB u know bro how good they are, all channels are added automatically. Then he replaced my stb with this useless new STB.

And he told me that the channels in this stb are stored from 1-150 and sometimes the numbers get changed. I mean the channels are stored according to frequency wise.

Well he told me to scan, while some people say there is no need to scan. Well for this I asked him how will I know when new channels are added, he told me that It is automatic.

I did an experiment, I scan by stb always while my neighbour (they are old and they don't know to go to settings) they don't scan. Well a few months later I went to their house and I checked with their STB. they have 140 channels and I have 150. So this means that I have to scan it.

Well regarding new STB they have only one as cisco STB are stopped. And HD they keep saying that it will come soon (they themselves don't know).

And the current STB is unencrypted. there is a slot for smart card but till date it has no been issued.

See we either want In Digital or Hathway to start its digital Cable TV services here.

Ninad G bhai, u use hathway, or do u have their email id's I sent them the email still no reply.

Here FDI has a JV with hathway, just like GTPL has in Gujarat

So FDI and GTPL have alliances with hathway, But we want hathway to come here independently (Full Company).

If they are using unencrypted signals with STB without card then can you use FTA STB for cable as it sems MSOs are not interested until digitization? That would be additional expenditure...

Well u said about complaining to TRAI/MIB well where to go and complain bro. Website ???.

Well regarding FTA STB u said, but will it fully compatible with the network I mean if software updates happen I wont receive them. And what about the channel list, will it be like cisco one ???

It seems your problem is like analog cable in which cable operator keep hanging channel nos/band.
As far as I know, complaints regarding cable operators can be filed with Trai. But in this case, I done know whether it will be of any help or not.
As far as use of FTA STB is concerned, your cable operator can help you regarding compatibility.

i used hathway stb, can i used this stb in sity digital cable line???????

some channel present in analog line but not in stb digital line in hathway,
how can i watch this analog channel in my digital stb????????????

Well its not the MSO who does that. I think the Software in the STB is irdeto so it saves the channels as per the frequency. In the earlier stb cisico one. The channels had fixed numbers as per fixed by the digital headend. (Same channel list of Hathway Mumbai)

I think either the headend while upgrading from cisco this new STB must have removed the fixed LCN no, or the headend is proper and nothing has changed only the new STB is unable to keep it in fixed LCN No.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock