Neo Channel will be back in TATASKY

Now every channel broadcaster in front propose to Tata Sky to take their channel on Tata Sky platform. Every channel hungry to take their place on Tata Sky platform. Without TATASKY platform their TRP goes low :shy:shy:p:p

True. ITV Choice HD is channel I have requested a lot. It does have a lot of good uk entertainment shows; not sure why tata sky is not interested considering this is English General entertainment channel and the subscriber base of tata sky has a good number of English language subscribers and that too in premium segment. Now since most of other channels are on tata sky, if a lot of people request for it, it may help. Friends, do send request from your end as much as you can. Thanks!

I checked the latest list of the Channels that are permitted in India.
Didn't find ITV Choice in the list.

SPANDAN said:
Hassan sayed we all know what it feels for Dishtv customers when TataSky adds channels.

But I am also a Tata Sky customer. I don't mind if Tata Sky add any channel. Infact i love if any DTH add a new channel :) I will watch French Open 2016 on Neo Network on my Tata Sky if they add it

SPANDAN said:
Hassan sayed we all know what it feels for Dishtv customers when TataSky adds channels.

Plz don't bring Ind Pak rivalry between Dish and T(S :lol

Hassan Syed said:
Will u subscribe Neo Network for French Open if the channels available as addon only?

Definitely no, Will find some way to watch online :shy

At least TS subscribers will not miss French open this year, but one thing is sure Neo is very disparate to get onboard on T(S as they have agreed on just 6 crore annually from 124 crore in 2010 :lol

Sarkar said:
At least TS subscribers will not miss French open this year, but one thing is sure Neo is very disparate to get onboard on T(S as they have agreed on just 6 crore annually from 124 crore in 2010 :lol

How do you know that it's 6 Crore?

ABCDEFGH said:
How do you know that it's 6 Crore?

Quoted from News :

The previous agreement between the parties, executed on 17 September 2010, was for a period of three years, from 1 October 2010 to 30 September 2013. Tata Sky had committed to pay Rs 124 crore (Rs 1.24 billion) to Neo Sports. This included Rs 109 crore (Rs 1.09 billion) for channels distributed in the standard-definition mode and Rs 15 crore (Rs 150 million) for channels distributed in the high-definition mode.

The agreement was reworked and the subscription fee revised downwards after Neo lost the lucrative India cricket rights in December 2011. Under the reworked deal, the subscription fee was substantially reduced and was fixed at the rate of Rs 1 crore (Rs 10 million) per month plus applicable service tax for the period 1 April 2012 to 30 September 2013.

As the agreement came to end on 30 September 2013, the two sides began negotiations for renewal of the agreement. During the negotiations, Tata Sky was willing to pay a subscription fee Rs 50 lakh (Rs 50 million) per month, or Rs 6 crore (Rs 60 million) annually, which was not acceptable to Neo sports.

Read more at: Neo Sports, Tata Sky ink multi-year deal | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

Now it's not TS who filed petition, it's Neo Sports, who had moved a petition seeking directions to the DTH operator to enter into an agreement on its reference interconnection offer (RIO) terms. The tribunal, however, ruled that the interconnection regulations do not give the broadcaster any right to insist that the distributor must carry its channels on its RIO terms which proves Neo is not in a position to negotiate any higher price. So I think they just accept T(S's offer.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock