Discussion New English Show Updates & Discussions

Is this single season series "Proven Innocent" on loop on SWP? Been seeing it in the guide since August.

It has only 13 episodes. Should have been over in two weeks.

Looks like it is on the verge of shutdown
SWP HD is supposed to be shut down anyway, but that has been delayed indefinitely by Star, along with the launch of four more channels (only Vijay Music has finally got the green signal). In any case SWP HD is a brain-dead patient.

SWP HD is supposed to be shut down anyway, but that has been delayed indefinitely by Star, along with the launch of four more channels (only Vijay Music has finally got the green signal). In any case SWP HD is a brain-dead patient.
I suggest that they rebrand as "Star World Comedy" and compete with Comedy Central

I suggest that they rebrand as "Star World Comedy" and compete with Comedy Central
Exactly what Star will not do. The plan for Disney is to move all the English GEC viewers to DPHS. Star World itself was rumoured to shut down in June, but unlike AXN, the shutdown did not actually happen.

It was a great channel when it was a premium channel. All shows were along with US. Once they convert into normal English GEC. They destroyed it while also shutting down FX and FX HD. We all know why that happened.

It was a great channel when it was a premium channel. All shows were along with US. Once they convert into normal English GEC. They destroyed it while also shutting down FX and FX HD. We all know why that happened.

Star World used to air new shows, then they came up with SWP showcasing latest shows... Presented as a premium priced ch and made Star World a useless ch with ages old content. Premium model was destined to fail, an ad + subscription driven balanced model would have worked. Star World , SWP had gr8 potential in internet deficit days but now they have missed opportunity. Colors Infinity took the lead and got good results though now it is also struggling.

Star should have a English GEC focusing on comedy or reality or family shows as these usually can b watched from any episode in free time and do not require much censorship. High octane sci fi, action, adult theme shows or those needing a synchronised or sequenced viewing won't work on tv. OTT and TV both can contribute if addressed properly

Last edited:
Is this single season series "Proven Innocent" on loop on SWP? Been seeing it in the guide since August.

It has only 13 episodes. Should have been over in two weeks.
Done with Proven Innocent. "Bosch" is starting from next week.

Also 'How To Get Away with murder' is back on Star World at 10pm.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock