no channel additions

sujitnair30

Reaction score
TS wat happend? not adding a single channel from 3-4 weeks this is very frustating for ts users.:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry

i guess they have enough space then wats d problem tey have started migation again so can expect gud news anytime

As per present status they have enough space. Total channels migrated 51, new Mpeg4 channels added 23. The difference is 28. Hence they have space to add 28 Mpeg 4 channels if we take the ratio @ 1:2 (Mpeg2 - Mpeg4). Out of this space they have added only 1 Mpeg2 Ch and 2 HD channels.
If we consider 39 Mpeg4 channels in one TP (11470), still they have more comfort for addition.
So space is not at all a constraint as of now.

soorya_g said:
As per present status they have enough space. Total channels migrated 51, new Mpeg4 channels added 23. The difference is 28. Hence they have space to add 28 Mpeg 4 channels if we take the ratio @ 1:2 (Mpeg2 - Mpeg4). Out of this space they have added only 1 Mpeg2 Ch and 2 HD channels.
If we consider 39 Mpeg4 channels in one TP (11470), still they have more comfort for addition.
So space is not at all a constraint as of now.

Can you explain your logic a bit more please?
My calculation is as below,

51 migrated to MPEG4
51 MPEG2 channels are equivalent to 51*3/2 MPEG4 channels = 76 channels. [ I think 2 MPEG2 channels = 3 MPEG4, correct me if my assumption is not correct]
Hence space for 76-51 extra channels = 24 extra channels.

Meanwhile they added 23 extra and 2 HD channels (equivalent to 6 SD channels).

Final Scenario -
Space generated for channels = 24.
Added channels = 23+6 = 29.

Can you explain then how according to you space for 28 more channels is left?

shiwesh Bro.
No confusion in calculation.
Only difference is I took 1Mpeg2 equals to 2 Mpeg4 where as your calculation is 1Mpeg Ch equals to 1.5 Mpeg4 Ch. My assumption of of 1:2 may be wrong also.It depends upon the level of compression of each Mpeg4 channel.
Now there are 39 Mpeg4 Channels in one TP. Before migration the average No. of Mpeg2 channels per TP may be 20-22 taking into consideration the total No. of channels they were offering (excluding HD channels) .Hence I feel your assumption of 1:1.5 is a little bit conservative though I am not sure about it.

soorya_g said:
shiwesh Bro.
No confusion in calculation.
Only difference is I took 1Mpeg2 equals to 2 Mpeg4 where as your calculation is 1Mpeg Ch equals to 1.5 Mpeg4 Ch. My assumption of of 1:2 may be wrong also.It depends upon the level of compression of each Mpeg4 channel.
Now there are 39 Mpeg4 Channels in one TP. Before migration the average No. of Mpeg2 channels per TP may be 20-22 taking into consideration the total No. of channels they were offering (excluding HD channels) .Hence I feel your assumption of 1:1.5 is a little bit conservative though I am not sure about it.

Ok i understand. I am also not sure what is exact ratio. However have seen many experts posting ratio of 2:3.

shiwesh said:
Ok i understand. I am also not sure what is exact ratio. However have seen many experts posting ratio of 2:3.

I think apart from 39 MPEG 4 SD channels Ten HD is also on Tp 11470 H. So 1 MPEG2 = 2 MPEG4

Do we need new channels every week as per OP? :s

1 mpeg2 is equal to 2 mpeg4

bcoz

previously one tp was carrying 20 sd + data channel

now 11470 carry 39 sd+ 1hd

also mr siwesh 1 hd channel added on hd tp, for which space was vailable from removal of six hd.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock