No security clearance for Sun TV: Home ministry

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 51
  • Views: Views 4,685
Firosh said:
Is channels are going shut down coming days?

Yes, if govt. doesnt give them the clearances, which is looking unlikely now :s

MIB to hold consultation with MHA on Sun TV issue

MUMBAI: Even as the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has leaned in favour of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) in the Sun TV case, the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) will hold more consultation with the MHA before taking a final call on the matter.

It was widely anticipated that I&B minister Arun Jaitley, who has returned from his visit abroad, would take a decision on the issue.

This means that the sword of uncertainty continues to hang over Sun TV, which has been denied security clearance by the MHA despite requests from the MIB to review the decision.

The MHA has contended that there are serious criminal investigations pending against Sun TV promoters due to which security clearance cannot be granted to Sun TV channels and FM radio stations. The MHA has also appealed against the decision of a single-judge bench of the Madras High Court to grant relief to Kalanithi Maran’s Kal Cables.

Maran, on the other hand, in separate letters to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Rajnath Singh, has contended that his company is being singled out when others with similar criminal investigations pending against them are being granted security clearance.

Earlier, Attorney General Mukul Rohtagi had said that security clearance can be granted to Sun TV channels as agencies are probing cases related to corruption and not security and, therefore, the ground on which security clearance has been denied is untenable.

Following the AG’s opinion, the MHA said that the decision is left to the MIB whether or not to cancel Sun TV’s licences.

Source:

MIB to hold consultation with MHA on Sun TV issue | TelevisionPost.com

Hindi Viewers :hello

In Yesterday's DNA of Sudhir Chaudhary he explained everything about this Issue :)

Yes, I too saw it...

SUN tv is in real trouble guys... start to get a reality check abt this case.

This guy Maran has a charge of running illegal telephone exchange from his house, having ISDN.
Where, 1 phone in itself called 49 lakh calls.

And abt 600 crore of bribe charge, done in aircel-marxis case.

735 crores invested in SUN network, by marxis company... for giving then 2G spectrum licence.

BIG BIG TROUBLE AHEAD FOR SUN TV.... all chnls will shutdown soon :nj

Bro's many this type of case won for money:lol:shy & I think this also:shy

Its also a political issue as Maran's are of Congress and Now Modi ji's bjp sarkar is running so its difficult and worst situation for Sun TV and as per current situation they me close anytime soon :s

Yes, its actually BJP vs Congress.

Jaya got aquitted in here case, bcoz BJP needs Jaya's support in getting many bills passed in Rajya sabha.

Some of d bills like GST (taxation), needs 2/3rds of majority of d Lok sabha to get passed, and make it into constitution. Hence Jaya got aquitted.

But this guy Maran is from congress..... BJP will not let him go easily :nj

unless, :shy, huge sum is given to them as well :shy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock