Seeking Help Non Stop Pack

Dear Friends,
I have written to Trai at [email protected]

Dear Sir,

I would like to bring your attention to DishTV's Non Stop pack which was sold to Customers from Early 2017 till Jan 2019 promising 3 year non stop entertainment of 100+ FTA channels plus add on's possible by selecting even single channel and just by paying only for that one channel under Mera Apna Pack scheme. This was promoted by DishTV as it is first Indian DTH provider who offered freedom of choice to its customers as per new Trai tariff order of 2017.

This entire initiative by DISHTV was perceived well by market and DishTV started advertising and promoting itself as front runner in implementation of Trai 2017 tariff order.

Over the last 2 years DishTV would have acquired minimum of estimated in range of 1-5 million customers. By our estimates DishTV has earned somewhere between Rs 100 to 500 Crores from these Non Stop pack subscription in advance.

But to everyone's surprise on 1st Feb 2019 onwards DishTV has started migrating these customers to some unknown packages by forfeiting advances paid by subscriber's. Interestingly DishTV's subscribers were kept in dark and at the mercy of DishTV's customer care department to maximize profits for the company by offering expensive and irrelevant packages. Till date DishTV has officially not released any document or email to its commited subscribers. There are many versions of DishTV's policy by its customer care department.

The latest version we have now heard from DishTV is that as per new Trai tariff order it is mandatory for Non Stop Pack subscribers to pay NCF of Rs 153/- even for single pay channel or otherwise they can stay with just FTA channels. This is completely against Trai order as we have no freedom to choose the channels we want even after paying in advance for 3 years.

On behalf of dedicated, commited DishTV non stop pack subscribers I request your intervention and guidance on the payable charges by carrying out Audit on how DishTV and it's Customer care executives have tried to maximize its profits by creating confusion and black out of subscribed channels.

Dear Sir, In today's world Rs 1000/- is small amount at Individual level for customers like friends to escalate and complaint to DishTV and miss on our favourite content but at aggregate level it's in range of Rs 100 to 500 Crores and even more it's against the core principles of Trai's tariff order for which our government have invested so much of effort and money to give freedom of choice to the citizens of India.

I would your support to get same freedom of choice for these Non Stop pack subscribers of DishTV.

Regards
Sanjay

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock