Breaking NTO 2.0 To Be Implemented From 1st February 2023

Waiting for Star Utsav & Colors Rishtey mrp. Because Sony Pal & Sony Wah reduced to 0.50 and Zee Anmol is already 0.10. By this, they (these 4) will become almost free like channels.

Broadcasters r pushing to get channel pricing cap completely removed which would then result in old style super high a-la-carte prices coming into play. Hope TRAI looks into this matter again
Currently, pricing cap is only for channels if they are to be included in bouquets. Broadcasters are free to price their channels at any rate but only as a la carte if it's above ₹19.

So that less people opt for a-la-carte option and instead find highly discounted bouquet more attractive.

The main purpose of NTO Rules which was giving subscribers option to chose channels at affordable prices thru either modes seems to have been rather not been met. NTO 1.0 still somewhat addressed this concern but now with bouquet discount cap been increased and "a-la-carte price of a channel included in a bouquet cannot be more than two and half times average price of a channel in that bouquet " rule not being available...now further this gap between bouquet and standalone pricing has widened.

Broadcasters r pushing to get channel pricing cap completely removed which would then result in old style super high a-la-carte prices coming into play. Hope TRAI looks into this matter again
Now A-la-carte price of flagship channels are same (Rs.19/-), but Bouquet prices are increased/discounts decreased in upcoming NTO 2.0 compared NTO 1.0.

Currently, pricing cap is only for channels if they are to be included in bouquets. Broadcasters are free to price their channels at any rate but only as a la carte if it's above ₹19.

Yes, i know that bro and statement i made was for channels which get included in bouquet. Broadcasters would want almost all channels to be included in bouquet and give it at high discounts while keep standalone channel prices lot higher.

I have already said earlier that if they r confident about content provided on their channels then they should give option to subscribers to opt for respective channels at affordable pricing thru bouquet as well as a-la-carte mode.

Previously too under NTO 1.0 we have seen that they kept a-la-carte prices high thereby making bouquet also cost more as only 33% discount was applicable on it... They could have easily kept both prices affordable but instead created impression that due to NTO prices have gone up.

If they can provide huge discount in pricing of channels made available via bouquet then why not also thru a-la-carte mode? Why try to push all channels to customers rather than give proper choice to opt for their favorite channels at affordable price?

Ofcourse they r free to make a channel cost over Rs. 19 and make it available to subscribers on standalone basis . TRAI NTO Rules allow broadcasters to do the same. I am even okay with price cap for inclusion of channels in bouquet to be removed but all i want is a fair choice to be given to subscribers to opt for channels at somewhat equal price thru a-la-carte and bouquet mode.

Anyways i feel many subscribers will now object to a-la-carte pricing of many important channels being increased and even opt for discontinuing the services of their Cable or DTH Platform. Urban rather be happy going for OTT while subscribers from small towns, rural areas would opt more keenly for DD Free Dish. Also one can surely expect lot of complaints from various Cable TV operators regarding pricing strategy adopted by broadcasters in NTO 2.0 RIO.

This strategy most probably will not yield good outcome just like exit of big broadcaster Hindi GEC channels from DD Free Dish had more adverse impact rather than achieving something good

Now A-la-carte price of flagship channels are same (Rs.19/-), but Bouquet prices are increased/discounts decreased in upcoming NTO 2.0 compared NTO 1.0.

Discounts have been increased on most bouquet buddy as u can notice a-la-carte prices of many channels have seen upwards swing.

Broadcaster bouquet might be available to us at similar or little higher price than earlier but A-La-Carte prices have been increased

Discounts have been increased on most bouquet buddy as u can notice a-la-carte prices of many channels have seen upwards swing.

Broadcaster bouquet might be available to us at similar or little higher price than earlier but A-La-Carte prices have been increased
Which are increased price of a la carte (Rs.19) compared to NTO 1.0? SET @ Rs.19 and Zee Tv @ Rs.19/- as MRP Rs.12/- is never happen

For ROI Sony, Zee TV prices are reduced from Rs23-30 level to Rs 19 is a great relief to North Indians

Previously too under NTO 1.0 we have seen that they kept a-la-carte prices high thereby making bouquet also cost more as only 33% discount was applicable on it...
I believe there was no discount capping of 33% in NTO 1.0. The proposed NTO 2.0 had a cap of 33% and that is amended to make 45% now.
If they can provide huge discount in pricing of channels made available via bouquet then why not also thru a-la-carte mode? Why try to push all channels to customers rather than give proper choice to opt for their favorite channels at affordable price?
Simple, price bundling marketing is very common. Make customers buy the bundle instead of individual items to sell everything the sellers intend and make the customers feel something is saved at the same time but actually nothing.

IMO, the discount capping should be maximum 20% for a better impact of NTO.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock