Old Doordarshan Antenna

Guys,

I am from Chennai. I had cable TV but disconnected now. During my usage of cable TV, if the LCO turns off the signal, I will get DD NEWS, DD NATIONAL and DD POTHIGAI from terrestrial service of Chennai DDK. After disconnecting cable TV, I got only DD NEWS with full of grains.

Yesterday I did a research. I took FM Arial from my old 2 in 1 set. I connected it to the disconnected cable's other end at the terrace.

I got the above said 3 DD channels with good signal. Also got few channel from cable TV with complete full of grains without audio. Additionally I got DD PUDUCHERY as a separate channel with grains. In my knowledge DD PUDUCHERY is production and shooting unit of DDK Chennai and programs will be broadcasted from Chennai DDK only. First time I am seeing it as a separate transmission. Any one know about it?

I also got one more channel called Vasanthar TV showing Tamil programs. Definitely it is not from cable TV. Any one knows about this channel? I suspect this is an Srilankan channel since I saw some adv showing DIALOG. May be it is for Dialog TV DTH. Also got two more channels. But unable to identify them.

Sadiq said:
Guys,

I am from Chennai. I had cable TV but disconnected now. During my usage of cable TV, if the LCO turns off the signal, I will get DD NEWS, DD NATIONAL and DD POTHIGAI from terrestrial service of Chennai DDK. After disconnecting cable TV, I got only DD NEWS with full of grains.

Yesterday I did a research. I took FM Arial from my old 2 in 1 set. I connected it to the disconnected cable's other end at the terrace.

I got the above said 3 DD channels with good signal. Also got few channel from cable TV with complete full of grains without audio. Additionally I got DD PUDUCHERY as a separate channel with grains. In my knowledge DD PUDUCHERY is production and shooting unit of DDK Chennai and programs will be broadcasted from Chennai DDK only. First time I am seeing it as a separate transmission. Any one know about it?

I also got one more channel called Vasanthar TV showing Tamil programs. Definitely it is not from cable TV. Any one knows about this channel? I suspect this is an Srilankan channel since I saw some adv showing DIALOG. May be it is for Dialog TV DTH. Also got two more channels. But unable to identify them.

If you want all the channels clear, fix a TV booster in the anteena.

Sure, we will back to use this Old Doordarshan Antenna along with DVB-T enabled set-box to get more than 600 TV channels (including SD, HD – both DD and Private Channels).

This will be one of the platforms like Cable-C band, DTH-Ku band.

As of now more than 1400 terrestrial transmitters is there across India.

I also want to buy the old doordarshan tv antenna like UHF VHF plz any one help me how to get and where it is available

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock