Seeking Help Poor picture quality of SD channels on Tata Sky HD STB

Before i also was experienced this, use hdmi cable for only hd channels & AV cable for SD channels , problem will solve to some extent

Before i also was experienced this, use hdmi cable for only hd channels & AV cable for SD channels , problem will solve to some extent
Dude. That is not at all feasible. I'll have to change input source from one to another everytime I flip my channel. Not possible.

It is simple to understand, because of the high compression TS using for the channels,
about the SD channels Compression, do you know TS is keeping very less compression on channel 100 ( home) In SD feed

So it all about the bandwidth that the Operator is maintaing i on A particular TV channel. not TS alone Every Operator doing this.

Last edited:
It will not solve his problem, because RCA cable will make it more worse in Led display.
the only solution is to optimise his TV picture setting

Even I was facing the same issue with SD picture quality for almost 6 months since I got the connection. However it was found that culprit was technician who had installed the connection. Since my connection is through a common TS dish shared with other members in my building, the Technician had connected the cable to an incorrect port due to which signal strength was very low causing picture quality on SD channels to drop. When I complained first time, the technician who visited said fault was with the cable and will have to be replaced but I refused to believe him. Then after a month when I complained again, TS technician correctly identified the fault of incorrect installation and connected the cable to correct port after which my signal level bumped up to 200 (previously I barely used to get 100). Now SD picture quality has improved a lot. You can also try selecting a different GSat transponder (press settings --- go into system settings --- press 0 , 1 and select button on remote --- go to satellite settings --- select SUPER LNB --- from here choose the transponder which has best signal strength. Hope this helps.

In a HD ready or Full HD TV which is best?
--SD channels quality using SD setup box
--SD channels quality using HD setup box

In a HD ready or Full HD TV which is best?
--SD channels quality using SD setup box
--SD channels quality using HD setup box
It's the issue of broadcasters side. We well feel the difference between star sports SD and Sony sports SD. What your TV brand. Bro

It's the issue of broadcasters side. We well feel the difference between star sports SD and Sony sports SD. What your TV brand. Bro
Bro I just want to know is there any difference between SD channel quality on SD and HD setup box .How will be picture quality...say same SD channel .
(on a HD ready/Full HD TV)

Last edited:
Bro I just want to know is there any difference between SD channel quality on SD and HD setup box .How will be picture quality...say same SD channel .
(on a HD ready/Full HD TV)
If the screen length increase, the SD channel quality become little low Bro. It's not by any STB. I have 32" and 24" TV s. Which I watch in 24" , the clarity differ in 32". So u don't have to confuse Bro 👍

Last edited:
If the screen length increase, the SD channel quality become little low Bro. It's not by any STB. I have 32" and 24" TV s. Which I watch in 24" , the clarity differ in 32". So u don't have to confuse Bro 👍
Ok bro.so i can conclude that the type of set up box does not play any role in picture quality of SD channels.(y)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock