Tata play or airtel which one best for quality of SD channels

Audio/Video quality of SD/ HD channels as well on features, functionality and overall user experience basis Airtel XStream Box is lot better than Tata Play Binge STB.

Only advantage where in Tata Play Binge Box scores over Airtel XStream is that they provide some hours of cloud recording free but that is not of major concern. They may start charging soon for this basic cloud recording pack too just like they have now revised the pricing of Binge OTT plans and made it expensive specially for those wanting to watch content on their Binge Box / Fire Stick/ Smart TV as such plans start from Rs. 249
The major con with xtreme is fav channel!
There is no dedicated lcn , no fav button..so user when need to switch from one fav to another, need to press several keys

Tata Play Binge + SD Channels PQ is Better than Tata Play HD &
Tata Play HD box SD Channels PQ is far better than Airtel Digital TV.
Naa bro..airtel hd box (especially min 100) sd channel quality is better than tataplay hd box.... But anyway fav channels is a mess in airtel .only good thing is 3 digit lcn because in airtel after pressing the channel number, switch to the channel is immediate where in tataplay due to 4 digit lcn it waits for sometime and then switch

The major con with xtreme is fav channel!
There is no dedicated lcn , no fav button..so user when need to switch from one fav to another, need to press several keys

Same is the case on Tata Play Binge box as dedicated favourite button is missing there too but yes LCN have been allocated for favorite channels.

However again some people prefer having profile system for favorite channels while others prefer dedicated LCN for the same. As such even if dedicated LCN is there still one needs tp remember LCN while scrolling thru channels is similar be it when deducted LCN is available or Profile System is available for favorite channels. Many people do not prefer operators wasting LCN slots for favorite channels and rather prefer it being used for regular channels.

Also as i have said if one watches a channel regularly then it becomes their favorite channels and usually people tend to remember its LCN after making using of same for a 10 or 15 days. Favorite feature might not be useful for many however as others use it so operators should make it available as per viewer demand

Naa bro..airtel hd box (especially min 100) sd channel quality is better than tataplay hd box.... But anyway fav channels is a mess in airtel .only good thing is 3 digit lcn because in airtel after pressing the channel number, switch to the channel is immediate where in tataplay due to 4 digit lcn it waits for sometime and then switch

Just add 0 before punching 3 digits LCN on Tata Play , it will switch instantly or use EPG to search and press OK to tune into the channel

Just add 0 before punching 3 digits LCN on Tata Play , it will switch instantly or use EPG to search and press OK to tune into the channel
There should be an option to define how many LCN digit to expect..for example I am watching all channels with 3 digit lcns , does not make any sense to add 0 in every LCN ..even if 4 digit lcn channels exist those can be added to fav, which can bring them to 3 digit lcn.i remember some dth had this option , I forgot

There should be an option to define how many LCN digit to expect..for example I am watching all channels with 3 digit lcns , does not make any sense to add 0 in every LCN ..even if 4 digit lcn channels exist those can be added to fav, which can bring them to 3 digit lcn.i remember some dth had this option , I forgot

All channels can be added under favourites so that is not an issue. For 4 digit LCN u need to punch in 0 for faster processing of command...in future operators may bring in some solution for this. But as such pressing an extra key for 1 second or even less hardly takes any effort or causes inconvenience

Only advantage where in Tata Play Binge Box scores over Airtel XStream is that they provide some hours of cloud recording free but that is not of major concern. They may start charging soon for this basic cloud recording pack too just like they have now revised the pricing of Binge OTT plans and made it expensive specially for those wanting to watch content on their Binge Box / Fire Stick/ Smart TV as such plans start from Rs. 249
I don't think it is not a issue to pay for what we use.....if Tataplay gives option to record all channels ( currently only fta and most regional channels have option to record) and charge for it than it is not problem....

No feature is better than feature which is paid .... Binge OTT plans are still worth for what they are offering Ofcourse, the app still not perfect but interms of apps still 249 is not expensive... For what they are offering

I am used tataplay hd box and binge box. Also used hd dvr and xstrem box in airtel.in my experience airtel is better than tataplay of sd and hd channels. Audio only airtel is better.

I am used tataplay hd box and binge box. Also used hd dvr and xstrem box in airtel.in my experience airtel is better than tataplay of sd and hd channels. Audio only airtel is better.
I don't doubt it considering airtel hd box sd channel quality better than tataplay hd box so xtreme will be even much better due to HDR and Android os but fav channel access is a pain!
It's just not possible to remember lcns even if someone claims they remember it is difficult to press 3 keys to access single channel or move to the next fav!

In binge+ just press 900 once and then access the fav channel serially using ch+- ..single button!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock