Regarding Home theatre

• Thread starter Thread starter Optimus_Prime
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 42
  • Views Views: Views 5,033
3.5 mm audio out is generally a 3rd rate audio output option for driving low wattage speakers. To get a dolby digital passthrough you need an optical out/coaxial/ARC enabled hdmi port. Also the tv decodes dolby digital to stereo mode to play through left and right channels,mostly the same stereo l&r output goes through the 3.5 mm, simply not enough to drive a 2.1,and without any control on crossover or amplification results will be abysmal.

so what I need?
a HT with HDMI IN /Optical cable input
and Should I connect my HT with tv or STB?

If you are always in the mood of having your ht on, then ideal connections are stb hdmi>ht hdmi in>ht hdmi out>tv hdmi in, another alternate way is stb hdmi>tv and stb optical/coaxial to ht. 2nd setup allows you to use tv speakers if you want to give the ht some rest. More options possible if you use arc or go into expensive gear, but avoid blowing money and settle with a mid range home theater in a box from sony and be happy

APPYS said:
If you are always in the mood of having your ht on, then ideal connections are stb hdmi>ht hdmi in>ht hdmi out>tv hdmi in, another alternate way is stb hdmi>tv and stb optical/coaxial to ht. 2nd setup allows you to use tv speakers if you want to give the ht some rest. More options possible if you use arc or go into expensive gear, but avoid blowing money and settle with a mid range home theater in a box from sony and be happy

so how much bucks i need to spend??? i guess 15-20k...am I right?

Optimus_Prime said:
on back side of STB i saw Red and White port for audio! which kind of connection it is?
It's 2.1!!

I have 2.1 creative multimedia speaker which has 3.5 mm audio jack. how can i connect my spekaer to those port ???
any converter reqd I think

Optimus_Prime said:
I have 2.1 creative multimedia speaker which has 3.5 mm audio jack. how can i connect my spekaer to those port ???
any converter reqd I think
If your TV has 3.5 mm audio jack, you can connect it to the creative. Otherwise, you'd need a converter.

Back
Top Bottom