Seeking Help airtel stb (MIN 100) messing with Home theatre

Jithin91

Contributor
Reaction score
Recently moved to airtel from TP.
Received the new MIN 100 stb.
New stb has messed something with my HT.

So here's the SETUP
1. stb to HDMI 1
2. HT to HDMI 3 (eARC)
This was my setup for longtime while i was using Tata Play.

Now after replacing airtel stb with TP stb to HDMI 1 TV is not detecting my HT which is on HDMI 3.
Even when the stb power is off HT is undetectable.
When i disconnect the HDMI 1 cable from STB end or TV end all of a sudden HT appears on TV.

Tried changing HDMI cable didnt help. Tried HDMI 2 port didnt help.
To make sure nothing wrong with HT i tried with old tata play stb once again. No issue this time.

TV is Samsung
HT is Sony
I dont use HT and STB simultaneously. Only use HT for OTT apps.

I tried with airtel technician who came to install the dth. He first told me airtel stb is like that only. You need to bear this. This is how airtel works.
After a lot of arguments he told he is hearing this issue for first time and need to check with the company.

I think the issue is with MIN 100 stb. Feel and look is of very low quality. Probably i may ask for that old HEVC type box as replacement. No idea if the technician accept or not.

Any headups for this or anyone faced this on MIN 100.

Try using DTS only output in airtel STB in place of DTS+

Also you can check for smart devices priority check in Samsung interface

Try using DTS only output in airtel STB in place of DTS+

Also you can check for smart devices priority check in Samsung interface

I'm wondering why you chose airtel over Tata play. Anyway, if possible try swapping with airtel xstream box or any other airtel HD box other than this problematic MIN 100 model.

Or you can tweet in twitter, post in fb or mail to Technical Head / Nodal officer and demand a proper solution or return the product for full refund.

i complained abt this issue on nxt day itself after taking connection.

He told he have no stock for HEVC box and once the stock comes he will replace it. Nd box was replaced yesterday.
Im also planning to move to airtel dth, right now im using sony tv and sony soundbar and tata play, no issues,
Do this min 100 box cause issue even of tv and sounbar are of same brand?

Im also planning to move to airtel dth, right now im using sony tv and sony soundbar and tata play, no issues,
Do this min 100 box cause issue even of tv and sounbar are of same brand?
no idea, if the issue is for my specific box. anyway he replaced it with hevc box.

I like the ui of hevc box also. It only covers 1 by 4th of screen while min 100 ui covers half of the screen while changing channel.
Only thing i like in min 100 is non subcribed channel are skipped automatically.

My tv is samsung and HT is sony.

no idea, if the issue is for my specific box. anyway he replaced it with hevc box.

I like the ui of hevc box also. It only covers 1 by 4th of screen while min 100 ui covers half of the screen while changing channel.
Only thing i like in min 100 is non subcribed channel are skipped automatically.

My tv is samsung and HT is sony.
R u sure unsubscribed channel skips automatically in min 100 box, in other reviews they mentioned this feature doesn't work in this type of box, kindly reconfirm

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock