Breaking Reliance and Disney merger approved by CCI

• Thread starter Thread starter rajrocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 573
  • Views Views: Views 78,338
Viacom18 removed tree from their website? As I remember there was network tree, but now there is only logo of Channels and I see it have updated in last 23hrs in Google

XlPU94q.jpeg

On the pending Reliance–Disney merger​

Everybody knows that the media market is going through a huge transition. And while India is one of the few markets where television still has reasonably good health, within that, a lot of it is changing. Connected TVs and handheld devices have become very substantial and mainstream.

You’re competing with global players: Google and Meta. Most of digital-advertising revenue goes to these two companies. So you need to pivot; you need to create a business. We saw an opportunity to leverage our inherent strengths and make that strategic pivot. That’s the primary rationale for the merger.

The other thing is that, on the streaming side, there’s an opportunity to innovate and disrupt the monetization models. If you continue to push only SVOD [subscription video on demand] and AVOD [advertising-based video on demand] revenues, you’re limited. While there are a lot of people today who are willing to pay for content and who are interesting or important to advertisers, there are also a lot of people who are not relevant for either of these models. You need to create unique or native monetization models to create value from that base.

Whoever manages to create new revenue streams definitely has an advantage. So I think all these opportunities exist.

Last edited:
Anil Jayraj CEO of Viacom18 sports moves on to Jio infocom as president .
Currently sports CEO position is open , until full viacom18 asset are transferred to star india pvt ltd.

Anil Jayraj CEO of Viacom18 sports moves on to Jio infocom as president .
Currently sports CEO position is open , until full viacom18 asset are transferred to star india pvt ltd.
So Jio cinema will moves to Jio infocom alongwith free sports CEO :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom