Breaking Reliance and Disney merger approved by CCI

• Thread starter Thread starter rajrocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 415
  • Views Views: Views 50,306
Reliance and Disney have spent roughly $9.5 billion in recent years for TV and streaming rights for the world's richest cricket tournament, the Indian Premier League, the International Cricket Council's matches such as the one-day and T20 World Cups, and matches organised by the Indian cricket board.

To get the merger over the line, the two companies have offered concessions to the CCI, including a commitment to not raise advertising rates unreasonably for streamed cricket matches, according to a source with direct knowledge of the matter.

They also pledged not to bundle and sell advertising slots for different cricket tournaments, the source added.

Disney and Reliance's merged entity will also own Indian broadcast rights for the Wimbledon tennis championship, MotoGP and the English Premier League, among other sporting events.

RD.jpg

Will reliance rebrand the star network to colors same like etv ?

Cricket In England (ECB) - Sony Sports
Cricket In New Zealand (NZC) - Sony Sports

and Most Important Thing Truly 1080p50Fps 🔥❤️🥰
(Sony is not a broadcaster, but for me it's emotion
and it's my personal point of view)

1080p50Fps 👍 Vs 2160p25Fps 👎😂
Yes brother, I also have emotions for Sony because Extra Innings and IPL were golden days on Sony Max But the quality of Star 4K is much better than Sony's 1080p.

what's next?

1. As per volunteer solutions given by Disney/RIL must abide by it before closing any transactions.
2. Stage one of transfer of viacom18 assets and RIL assets into digital 18, with dissolution of viacom18 company(immediately post as defunct).
3. Transfer of digital 18 assets to SIPL.
4. Rebranding if necessary.

post stage 1 : the below process will be happening and wont be effected by any delay in any stages

1. Talent and workforce integration.
2. Integration of operations.
3. Marketing strategy.

Cricket In England (ECB) - Sony Sports
Cricket In New Zealand (NZC) - Sony Sports

and Most Important Thing Truly 1080p50Fps 🔥❤️🥰
(Sony is not a broadcaster, but for me it's emotion
and it's my personal point of view)

1080p50Fps 👍 Vs 2160p25Fps 👎😂
So that you know Sony is lowering their bitrates by half in live matches. Sony Liv 1080p50fps are being stream in around 4-5mbps and the actual bitrate of a proper clarity 1080p50f is from 10-12mbps. So you will still get a 1080p50f stream but with lesser clarity.

Yes brother, I also have emotions for Sony because Extra Innings and IPL were golden days on Sony Max But the quality of Star 4K is much better than Sony's 1080p.
Seriously ?? Hotstar 4K better quality than sony liv

Back
Top Bottom