Request for new HD channels in Full HD not in just 720p.

ayushlabroo

Reaction score
i am request the following HD channels to TS i you support then pls comment yes or no. list is by order of priority

1. History Tv 18 HD
2. Travel xp HD
3. Life Ok HD
4. Sony SIX HD
5. Showcase HD
6. Zee Studio HD
7. NAT Geo Adventure HD
8. NAT Geo Wild HD

ayushlabroo said:
i am request the following HD channels to TS i you support then pls comment yes or no. list is by order of priority

7. UTV Stars HD

Is UTV Stars HD Current Available ?

No channel in India can broadcast at 1080p (True HD) quality at this point in time. They broadcast in 720p which will be up-scaled to 1080i by the DTH service providers. The Indian market (in terms of quality) is not mature enough now.

The investments needed to provide 1080p video are huge and profits are unlikely at this point in time. May be sometime in future, they'll provide that.

There should be some quality standard set by Trai/govt regarding DTH transmission for SD/HD channels other wise DTH may keep on transmitting/compressing channels as per their wish & we will keep believing DTH that 1 TP can broadcast say 36 SD channels.
It will be interesting to know the DTH transmission standards in other countries for SD/HD channels in this regard.

Re: RE: Request for new HD channels in Full HD not in just 720p.

bhargavachandra said:
No channel in India can broadcast at 1080p (True HD) quality at this point in time. They broadcast in 720p which will be up-scaled to 1080i by the DTH service providers. The Indian market (in terms of quality) is not mature enough now.

The investments needed to provide 1080p video are huge and profits are unlikely at this point in time. May be sometime in future, they'll provide that.

Is 1080p broadcast available anywhere in the world? I think not.

Re: RE: Request for new HD channels in Full HD not in just 720p.

NinadG said:
There should be some quality standard set by Trai/govt regarding DTH transmission for SD/HD channels other wise DTH may keep on transmitting/compressing channels as per their wish & we will keep believing DTH that 1 TP can broadcast say 36 SD channels.
It will be interesting to know the DTH transmission standards in other countries for SD/HD channels in this regard.

That will be the death of research in compression technology.

Trai/govt should take care of customer interests instead of DTH taking into considertion DTH industry regulations worldwide.

dipayan said:
Is 1080p broadcast available anywhere in the world? I think not.

Yes, you are right, Dipayan bro. It's not available anywhere in the world. The highest I heard form the 'Broadcaster End' was 1080i.

1080p requires super high bandwidth and the satellite space is too scarce for that. IPTV providers can afford that, but the broadcasters can't upgrade their hardware just for a fraction of consumers.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock