Request for new HD channels in Full HD not in just 720p.

bhargavachandra said:
All the Channels on Tata Sky (which are either genuinely 1080i or up-scaled from 720p) can be processed to 1080p at our home using a video processor.

The processor, however is quite expensive. This is not an everyday solution, but I'm talking about the possibilities. I have found this advanced video processor for around US $1200 on Amazon.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/DVDO-iScan-Definition-Video-Processor/dp/B002Q8HQHE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388750313&sr=8-1&keywords=Video+Processor

If you have a HT Amp like Onkyo or Yamaha or Denon, etc. with 1080p output, this would also upscale SD or 720i/p or 1080i sources to 1080p signal for HDTV. In fact a Full HD TV also has the capability to upscale any image to its default 1080p resolution as that is the fixed resolution it can display. However as the original source is not true 1080p, you will notice the difference.

jdrocks said:
If you have a HT Amp like Onkyo or Yamaha or Denon, etc. with 1080p output, this would also upscale SD or 720i/p or 1080i sources to 1080p signal for HDTV. In fact a Full HD TV also has the capability to upscale any image to its default 1080p resolution as that is the fixed resolution it can display. However as the original source is not true 1080p, you will notice the difference.

That's true! :)

jdrocks said:

I think full HD TV will require to have built in upscaler, dont know how many TV sets have built in upscaler.

NinadG said:
I think full HD TV will require to have built in upscaler, dont know how many TV sets have built in upscaler.

ALL HDTVs have built in scalers. ALL LCD/Plasma TVs are capable of only displaying a single resolution. Therefore ALL LCD/Plasma TVs have to upscale or downscale the input signal to math it's native resolution.

sanjay0864 said:
ALL HDTVs have built in scalers. ALL LCD/Plasma TVs are capable of only displaying a single resolution. Therefore ALL LCD/Plasma TVs have to upscale or downscale the input signal to math it's native resolution.

I thought only few high end HDTVs have built in upscaler which will show SD on HDTV without distorting picture...:hello

That's true. Only High end HDTVs can afford to include the upscaler circuitry. Normal HDTVs just re-calibrates the aspect ratio to fit the display and the quality suffers.

Even the most advanced upscalers cannot process a 720p into a true 1080p, but it does the job almost perfectly, and no one can complain.

I Don't think any DTH or broadcaster in the world will think to launch a channel in 1080p rather than in 1080i and that's bcuz they will think about their Bandwidth and Space in their transponders (TP), has 1080p consumes more bandwidth compare to 1080i thus it will cost them more Space in their transponder if they launch a channel in 1080p not in 1080i. And has i said before also 1080i format is developed mainly for satellite purpose to save bandwidth for satellite TP owners. And has most likely when 4k content will come in satellite similarly a new format will be launched to for satellites may be like 4i to save bandwidth. And i think their are very few broadcasters in the world that telecast their channel in 1080p, now may be they have tons of space in their tp's or they want to provide the best picture for their customers and that's bcuz 1080p content looks much sharper than 1080i bcuz they consume more bandwidth than 1080i.

:tup :hd

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock