Request for new HD channels in Full HD not in just 720p.

Yep 1080p broadcast not possible. Only blue ray movies have that resolution at 24fps

NinadG said:
I think full HD TV will require to have built in upscaler, dont know how many TV sets have built in upscaler.

:no :no :no

No NinadG Bro every LED/LCD or plasma tv which is larger than 40 inch and a full HD Tv will try to upscale every content even a 480p content to a full HD content to fit it with tv's screen size. Even if you buy a 40 inch full hd led tv for 20k rupees or another 40 inch full hd led tv for 100k rupees they both will do the same thing try to upscale the content to make it on screen. But yes some tvs brand like Samsung, LG and Sony but specially Samsung they sell some high end specs led tv's like 120 hz to 240 hz with extremely high contrast ratio now this specs have nothing to do with up scaling the picture or some but they do make a big difference with high hz rates which mean refresh rate but currently 120 hz is best for full hd content and 3,000,000 into 1 contrast ratio is also very much enough for full hd content. Now here hz rate like 120 hz will make the picture run much more smoothly than a common 60 hz led found in common led tv's and 3,000,000 into 1 or higher contrast ratio will make the picture look much sharper than mega contrast ratio found in common led tv's. But yes Led tv's are best to watch HD content rather than LCD or Plasma.

:tup

NinadG said:
I thought only few high end HDTVs have built in upscaler which will show SD on HDTV without distorting picture...:hello

I repeat, ALL LCD/Plasma/OLED TVs are SINGLE/FIXED resolution TVs and therefore they have to have an inbuilt scaler to display signals that are different from their native resolution. Bottom line, ALL HDTVs, i.e. high end, low end, mid end etc. etc., have an inbuilt scaler, period.

PS: The capabilities & quality of the scalers obviously vary according to the price of the HDTV.

DishHD said:
But yes Led tv's are best to watch HD content rather than LCD or Plasma.

I am sorry, but that statement is not quite accurate. Even today the best TV is a Plasma TV. In any case, what exactly is a LED TV? I hope you do realize that the so called LED TVs are are nothing but LCD TVs. THe only difference being that they use LEDs as a light source instead of CFLs as used in conventional LCD TVs.

LED backlit LCD TVs instead of a CFL backlit.

CFL has mercury which is harmful to the environment. CFL life-time is short in comparison to LED.

Re: RE: Request for new HD channels in Full HD not in just 720p.

sanjay0864 said:
I am sorry, but that statement is not quite accurate. Even today the best TV is a Plasma TV. In any case, what exactly is a LED TV? I hope you do realize that the so called LED TVs are are nothing but LCD TVs. THe only difference being that they use LEDs as a light source instead of CFLs as used in conventional LCD TVs.

Yeah plasma TV has best pq. But as plasma TV is very costly so manufacturers are interested in oled .

sanjay0864 said:

That means there is no much difference between LCD & LED TVs. And manufacturers are just marketing it as something new tech with few added features, making people believe that LED TVs are great.

sanjay0864 said:
I repeat, ALL LCD/Plasma/OLED TVs are SINGLE/FIXED resolution TVs and therefore they have to have an inbuilt scaler to display signals that are different from their native resolution. Bottom line, ALL HDTVs, i.e. high end, low end, mid end etc. etc., have an inbuilt scaler, period.

PS: The capabilities & quality of the scalers obviously vary according to the price of the HDTV.

That means all HD TVs needs to have atleast basic upscaler in order to display signals. May be few high end TVs may be having high end upscalers with can upscale signals to display life-like picture.
Now I come to know why very few high end TVs like UHD TVs are advertising features like built in upscalers. Thanks for clearing my doubts...:k

sanjay0864 said:

:no :no :no

Sorry bro to interrupt here, let me inform you one thing Plasma tv's are the oldest when we compare them with LCD or the latest generation of TV which is LED and the new kid in tv generation OLED. Now may be you don't know that Plasma tv's are not being made in high numbers anymore only few companies like Samsung and LG etc are making plasma tv's. I know plasma tv's have good viewing angle etc but when in comes to providing the best resolution and PQ on HDTV LED or OLED is a hands winner. Bcuz LED or OLED are developed mainly for HDTV purpose only thats why they are the best for using them for HDTV purpose. Remember now almost 80% tv's are made has LED/OLED.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock