Request for new HD channels in Full HD not in just 720p.

Re: RE: Request for new HD channels in Full HD not in just 720p.

NinadG said:
That means there is no much difference between LCD & LED TVs. And manufacturers are just marketing it as something new tech with few added features, making people believe that LED TVs are great.

Exactly. Difference only in back light technology. One is ccfl other is led

DishHD said:
sanjay0864 said:
DishHD said:
But yes Led tv's are best to watch HD content rather than LCD or Plasma.

I am sorry, but that statement is not quite accurate. Even today the best TV is a Plasma TV. In any case, what exactly is a LED TV? I hope you do realize that the so called LED TVs are are nothing but LCD TVs. THe only difference being that they use LEDs as a light source instead of CFLs as used in conventional LCD TVs.

:no :no :no

Sorry bro to interrupt here, let me inform you one thing Plasma tv's are the oldest when we compare them with LCD or the latest generation of TV which is LED and the new kid in tv generation OLED. Now may be you don't know that Plasma tv's are not being made in high numbers anymore only few companies like Samsung and LG etc are making plasma tv's. I know plasma tv's have good viewing angle etc but when in comes to providing the best resolution and PQ on HDTV LED or OLED is a hands winner. Bcuz LED or OLED are developed mainly for HDTV purpose only thats why they are the best for using them for HDTV purpose. Remember now almost 80% tv's are made has LED/OLED.

I'm sorry to be the one to say this, but it is you who are ill informed on the subject. First of all, you need to stop equating so called LED TVS with OLED TVs, because they have very little in common other than common alphabets in their acronyms. The so called LED TVs are not real LED TVs, as in the picture is not displayed via LEDs. They are simply LCD TVs using LEDs as their source of light. You are right though, that Plasma TVs have been around for longer than LCD TVs, but that in itself does not mean that they are inferior to LCD TVs. The fact is that the only reason TV manufacturers have pushed LCDs over Plasma is that their cost of manufacturing and yeild rates are much better with LCD panels due to economies of scale brought in by the huge volume of computer LCD displays. It is a simple economics decision and has nothing to do with which is better as a display technology. Even today, the best available TV is a Plasma TV. OLED TVs do have the potential to be the best, but they are constrained by very high prices, at least for now and by they way, there are limitations and issues with OLED TVs too. Bottom line is, that as of today, the best VALUE FOR MONEY TVs are Plasma TVs.

DishHD, please validate your facts before forming a theory and opinion. All LCD/LED TVs including the UHD or 4k ones still have a native motion resolution of only about 300 lines out of 1080 or 2160!

And infact "LED" TVs usually have worst picture uniformity and viewing angles though they usually use higher end LCD panels.

All LCD TVs display is fake, superficial picture and display it with the help of a backlight (CCFL or LED). As Plasma (like CRT TVs) are naturally aspirated like the OLED TVs, they are way superior in terms of color range (gamut), motion resolution, viewing angle, etc and display natural colors and picture quality is usually way superior especially for high motion content like action, sports scenes.

So the bottom like as many have already clarified (special thanks to Sanjay who nailed it accurately), there are NO "LED TVs" in the market and its a FRAUD marketing campaign by the TV manufacturers to lure unsuspecting customers like you.

I am unaware of any channel broadcasted in India in 720p (all are 1080i from source) unless I missed something. Where did 720p come from?

Talking about bandwidth, I believe 1080p @24p/25p should consume similar bandwidth as 50i we get currently. So its just a standard followed by the broadcasting industry and doesn't really a bandwidth concern.

That means for an ordinary person, if he doesn't need high end specs/features then he can go for LCD or if he can afford, then he can directly go for plasma...:k

OK plasma tvs have better PQ then LED tv's but remember you can get a 40 inch full hd led tv that also from brands like Samsung and LG for just around 25,000 rupees now can you get a full hd Plasma tv plus has thin and beautiful has a led tv even for less than 50,000 to 60,000 rupees

:lol

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock