Discussion Review of Sun Bangla

According to you Sun Bangla is a _____ channel.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DreamFan

Banned
Reaction score
After 5 days of it's launch, we need a quick review for new bengali channel Sun Bangla.
Friends please give your valuable vote for Sun Bangla, according to your viewpoint how this channel deserves and please describe (if possible).
Thank you!!!

Last edited:
An Overview of Sun Bangla :-
Many DDF frndz are asking for an overview especially @JollyLNB Bhai asked for the same on the Launch Day. So here we go............

Launched on 3rd February Sun Bangla on the way with many different items on the card.
1)Theme Song introduced by the channel is excellent with joying music by Sri Debojyoti Mishra composed and picturised beautifully with Prominent singers of Bangla. The theme songs of Zee Bangla - Star Jalsha - Akash Aath lacks heavily in front of Sun Bangla.

2)Broadcast Quality of Sun Bangla in one word is just -"Stunning". The channel itself started broadcasting in Upscaled HD 16:9 Format DVBS2 MPEG4 8 qpsk. Again the SD Version Quality of other Bangla GEC lacks.

3)Contents of Sun Bangla are not so heavily differs from other Bangla GECs but a)Mahatirtha Kalighat b) Keshab c) Shimana Periye and d) Gangster Ganga promises to be worthwatching and will definitely do well in near future.

Absence of Non Fiction Shows and Bangla Movies are draw back at the moment for Sun Bangla.Hope they will plan these accordingly.

4)Demand for Sun Bangla from the Launch Day is increasing after the new TRAI Rule came into the action. As a LCO-MSO of Kolkata our subscribers are now demanding for Sun Bangla ahead of Zee Family Pack & Star Value Pack and also being a FTA it helps a lot to Sun Bangla.
The demand is way ahead of Akaash Aath.

5)Logo of Sun Bangla looking very good with all their Graphics Designing of Promos really promising.If the placement of the Logo can made on the Top Left then it can be awesome but in many cases the channel logo overshadowed with DPOS watermark in every STBS. Also there are no Timer Banner available right now hope they will provide in near future.

So in conclusion it observed that Sun Bangla promises and have a high chances to break even in next year or so though there are certain draw backs and lacknesses.

In order to give impressions it's 6 out of 10 so far.
Other valuable feedback from DDF Frndz are awaiting.

(Review Courtesy by my Mother who really watched first day first show along with these 5 days and asked to share all her observations with DDF.)

Last edited:
@DreamFan bro,give your's review..
since I am not familiar with bangla, I considered mainly technical aspects for giving rating.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't like Sun Bangla. PQ & AQ are not well. Shows are nothing new, same family oriented melo-drama.
Tarapeeth Mahapeeth is far better than Mahatirtha Kalighat.
VFX of Beder Meye Jyotsna is so pathetic.
Sagarika, Asha Lata would not survive long time, I m sure.
Excellent concept for Keshav, bengal's first child superhero.
Seemana Periye, concept is good, but background music is not ok, even it would be far better if more attractive direction.
Gangster Ganga, nothing new, sometimes I feel, they are trying to copy Star Jalsha's Jai Kali Kalkattawali, acting of few casts including main lead, is so horrible, I feel they have done over-acting.
Even, no movie, no non-fiction shows, no weekend variability. In a word, I don't like Sun Bangla. But, hope, they will improve their channel soon. All the best.

[[It is not whole bengal's review, review is based on me & my family only]]

Last edited:
Even, no movie, no non-fiction shows, no weekend variability.
Even Star Jalsha which invented and religiously stuck to the 24x7x365 formula of serials, serials and only serials (with the occasional movie on every sixth or seventh Sunday) is slightly (only slightly) moving away from this formula. Unless Sun Bangla can come up with good reality shows and a big movie library like Sony Marathi, it will be very difficult for it to survive.
Logo of Sun Bangla looking very good with all their Graphics Designing of Promos really promising.If the placement of the Logo can made on the Top Left then it can be awesome but in many cases the channel logo overshadowed with DPOS watermark in every STBS. Also there are no Timer Banner available right now hope they will provide in near future.
As for the logo, Zee is the only network which took the brave step of moving all the logos (except news channels) to the top left. Most other networks have the top right but the bottom right corner is ruled exclusively by the Sun network (and Times Now :lol: ). Similarly the bottom left corner has been completely taken by the Jaya and Kalaignar networks. In short, Tamil networks prefer bottom corners (especially the bottom right) as opposed to networks from other states that prefer top corners, and the bottom right corner is a signature of the Sun network, so that is never going to change. :no2:

Last edited:
Even Star Jalsha which invented and religiously stuck to the 24x7x365 formula of serials, serials and only serials (with the occasional movie on every sixth or seventh Sunday) is slightly (only slightly) moving away from this formula. Unless Sun Bangla can come up with good reality shows and a big movie library like Sony Marathi, it will be very difficult for it to survive.
Big movie library like Sony Marathi or like Sony Marathi difficult to survive? :huh::gn2:

Star Jalsha is bringing weekend special shows shortly, no daily shows will be aired on weekend. Promo is already on air.
For movie, they have a separate 24×7 movie channel, so telecasting only one new movie in a week, is their right decision.

Big movie library like Sony Marathi or like Sony Marathi difficult to survive? :huh::gn2:
Big movie library like Sony Marathi. For the difficult-to-survive part I would have said Colors Tamil, Sun Life or Zee Keralam instead. They don't lay that much emphasis on movies.

An Overview of Sun Bangla :-
Many DDF frndz are asking for an overview especially @JollyLNB Bhai asked for the same on the Launch Day. So here we go............

Launched on 3rd February Sun Bangla on the way with many different items on the card.
1)Theme Song introduced by the channel is excellent with joying music by Sri Debojyoti Mishra composed and picturised beautifully with Prominent singers of Bangla. The theme songs of Zee Bangla - Star Jalsha - Akash Aath lacks heavily in front of Sun Bangla.

2)Broadcast Quality of Sun Bangla in one word is just -"Stunning". The channel itself started broadcasting in Upscaled HD 16:9 Format DVBS2 MPEG4 8 qpsk. Again the SD Version Quality of other Bangla GEC lacks.

3)Contents of Sun Bangla are not so heavily differs from other Bangla GECs but a)Mahatirtha Kalighat b) Keshab c) Shimana Periye and d) Gangster Ganga promises to be worthwatching and will definitely do well in near future.

Absence of Non Fiction Shows and Bangla Movies are draw back at the moment for Sun Bangla.Hope they will plan these accordingly.

4)Demand for Sun Bangla from the Launch Day is increasing after the new TRAI Rule came into the action. As a LCO-MSO of Kolkata our subscribers are now demanding for Sun Bangla ahead of Zee Family Pack & Star Value Pack and also being a FTA it helps a lot to Sun Bangla.
The demand is way ahead of Akaash Aath.

5)Logo of Sun Bangla looking very good with all their Graphics Designing of Promos really promising.If the placement of the Logo can made on the Top Left then it can be awesome but in many cases the channel logo overshadowed with DPOS watermark in every STBS. Also there are no Timer Banner available right now hope they will provide in near future.

So in conclusion it observed that Sun Bangla promises and have a high chances to break even in next year or so though there are certain draw backs and lacknesses.

In order to give impressions it's 6 out of 10 so far.
Other valuable feedback from DDF Frndz are awaiting.

(Review Courtesy by my Mother who really watched first day first show along with these 5 days and asked to share all her observations with DDF.)
What about sponsorship?

There is not a single sponsor for any of it's shows. Even the Sunday event called Moner Utsav Praner Utsav is running without any sponsors.

While Sun TV always have 6-10 sponsors for all of their shows based on a model that Doordarshan used to follow in the 1990s.

It will be really tough for a channel like this to survive without sponsors or sponsorship.

@DreamFan bro,give your's review..
since I am not familiar with bangla, I considered mainly technical aspects for giving rating.
You forgot to mention the sponsorship point. Anyways. Good review. Let's hope they find some sponsors for their shows.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock