RIO MRP rates published by broadcasters

• Thread starter RLOA
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 285
  • Views: Views 64,655
All this is done to give benefit to Jio fiber.
Jio would charge for broadband only. Voice is already free, access fees would also be free.
So all FTA channels free on Jio ftth, only pay for paid channels+gst as you like.

DTH and cable tv providers would be hit the most(as jio wanted) as their profit would be limited to Rs.130(for 100channels)+20% commission on pay tv channels. This would limit their ability to provide subsidy on dth equipment and customer care(like tata sky).

Broadcaster would lose over the time(as jio wanted) as less people would subscribe if interesting thing is not there, they would be par with ott players.

So basically a way to cripple dth/cable profits + make broadcaster to move to fta in long term.
This move by TRAI favours bundle service providers like Jio.

Bad thing in this is why to keep margin of service provider fixed @ 20%. Let them decide. Yes keep channel price for customer fixed.

I think it would also mean all paid channels on jio tv app would end by dec 29th.

I did check that, but for the DTH document page 33 is something else

I've struck the other links through to avoid confusion, and updated the link with the latest version of the document. Indiacast TV18 seem to have reduced the Hindi Base HD bouquet rate!

Last edited:
Off topic as airtel already knew about Trai so they has stated airteltv app free till 31st december when they extended from june

Star india advertisement hinds that every dth will give same packs offered by broadcasters thats why they are clearily mentioning about there star value pack.

Star india advertisement hinds that every dth will give same packs offered by broadcasters thats why they are clearily mentioning about there star value pack.
Star vlaue pack Malayalam cost Rs39 and Tamil 25 means slight variations in rates can be happen according to language. Also this is the MRP(maximum) so I think operators can make modifications based on tie ups (otherwise how operators can stay unique?)

Star vlaue pack Malayalam cost Rs39 and Tamil 25 means slight variations in rates can be happen according to language. Also this is the MRP(maximum) so I think operators can make modifications based on tie ups (otherwise how operators can stay unique?)
Malayalam has an additional movie channel in Asianet Movies, also it has Star Sports 1, priced at rs.19 ALC, as opposed to tamil pack having Star Sports 1 Tamil, priced at rs.17 ALC.
As per as MRP, it would need a gutsy operator to provide bouquets at price lower than Broadcaster offerings, that too the difference won't be huge.

BzyO4fT.jpg

Ltldvlm.jpg

QnV3FhV.jpg

1MKYp2O.jpg

Gr7JPtH.jpg

kXaS1Pb.jpg

ta7aOXZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock