Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Table updated: Bollywood TV Rights

Tell me some more 2020 rights. I know Ranveer's 83 is with Star, as well as Akshay's Laxmmi Bomb and Prithviraj (the latter is a YRF production).

For all those movies which will release in 2020 which have an unconfirmed release date, there is an 'Undisclosed' row right below the 2020 header. This includes Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitaare (satellite rights with Zee), which premiered in Busan this month but will not have a theatrical release before February 2020 at least, though even this is tentative.

Edit: I have found this post. @ak7777, how confident are you about these rights? There are so many films throughout 2020.

And this:
Bhuj - Ajay Devgan
Panga - Fox (Star)
Roohi Afza - Maddock - Jio Studios (Star)
Gunjan Saxena, Bhoot, - Dharma-Zee (Zee)
Jai Mummy Di, Malang, Thappad- Tseries (Sony)
Angrezi Medium (if Jio studios) then Star if Tseries then Sony
Radhe - Salman Khan Films deal (Zee)
Satyamev Jayate 2 - Sony
Bachchan Pandey , Baaghi 3 - Nadiadwala Grandson (Star)
Toofan - Zee (Excel)

Last edited:
Bhuj - Ajay Devgan
Panga - Fox (Star)
Roohi Afza - Maddock - Jio Studios (Star)
Gunjan Saxena, Bhoot, - Dharma-Zee (Zee)
Jai Mummy Di, Malang, Thappad- Tseries (Sony)
Angrezi Medium (if Jio studios) then Star if Tseries then Sony
Radhe - Salman Khan Films deal (Zee)
Satyamev Jayate 2 - Sony
Bachchan Pandey , Baaghi 3 - Nadiadwala Grandson (Star)
Toofan - Zee (Excel)
Angrezi Medium will go to Star as it is produced by Dinesh Vijan under Maddock Films and distributed by Jio Studios.

After Vicky Donor now Cocktail has moved from TV18 to Zee. Next in line would be Ranjhanaa, Go Goa Gone, Khiladi 786, Tevar etc. Seems like TV18 not interested in renewing deal with Eros for older films. Even many other titles from different studios which comprised their library r moving to Star or in process of moving out

Most probably they will revert back to Rishtey Cineplex brand name and shut down HD feed

After Vicky Donor now Cocktail has moved from TV18 to Zee. Next in line would be Ranjhanaa, Go Goa Gone, Khiladi 786, Tevar etc. Seems like TV18 not interested in renewing deal with Eros for older films. Even many other titles from different studios which comprised their library r moving to Star or in process of moving out

Most probably they will revert back to Rishtey Cineplex brand name and shut down HD feed
That channel becomes useless after one week after buying it because of its lack of library.

That channel becomes useless after one week after buying it because of its lack of library.

Which channel? Cineplex? It is already struggling. Anyways now trend will change on hindi movie channel, bollywood films will surely have more presence on them. Gone r days of buying south indian dubbed movies at lower price point, getting high ratings and garnering profit... Now they too come at high cost and ratings have fallen.

Colors Cineplex is even far behind in building or having strong dubbed cinema library . Look at even Sony or Zee they r not doing exceedingly well despite having big southern films and Star is quite close or ahead of either of them

Which channel? Cineplex? It is already struggling. Anyways now trend will change on hindi movie channel, bollywood films will surely have more presence on them. Gone r days of buying south indian dubbed movies at lower price point, getting high ratings and garnering profit... Now they too come at high cost and ratings have fallen.

Colors Cineplex is even far behind in building or having strong dubbed cinema library . Look at even Sony or Zee they r not doing exceedingly well despite having big southern films and Star is quite close or ahead of either of them
Cineplex HD.

Cineplex HD.
The previous policy of premiering movies on Colors was better. Dear Colors Cineplex HD, why bother getting the rights of Andhadhun (which, by the way, I think is completely overrated) when you can't show it thereafter?

Sony is unfortunately not going to listen. I have given up on hoping for them to launch a pure Hindi HD movie channel.

The previous policy of premiering movies on Colors was better. Dear Colors Cineplex HD, why bother getting the rights of Andhadhun (which, by the way, I think is completely overrated) when you can't show it thereafter?
The showed it way too much after premiering. Killing the satellite appeal.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock