Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

That deal cancelled bro

There was no deal between Varun Dhawan and Star India, Judwaa 2 rights were procured bcoz movie was produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and distributed by Fox Star. It was more of a case like the movie Sanju where despite deals between producer/actor and channel , certain movies r out of the ambit bcuz of mix of reasons. In actual zee has agreement with Varun Dhawan since 2013 or so.

Stars acquire movie rights from producers but producers keep some rights for themselves which is why Judwaa 2 or salman's YRF movies air on channel other than which they have agreement with. Even War would have gone to Sony had Star India not stitched overall pact with YRF, though Hrithik has exclusive contract with Star/Disney

There was no deal between Varun Dhawan and Star India, Judwaa 2 rights were procured bcoz movie was produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and distributed by Fox Star. It was more of a case like the movie Sanju where despite deals between producer/actor and channel , certain movies r out of the ambit bcuz of mix of reasons. In actual zee has agreement with Varun Dhawan since 2013 or so.

Stars acquire movie rights from producers but producers keep some rights for themselves which is why Judwaa 2 or salman's YRF movies air on channel other than which they have agreement with. Even War would have gone to Sony had Star India not stitched overall pact with YRF, though Hrithik has exclusive contract with Star/Disney
I don't think varun had a deal with Zee

Last edited:
Venus Films - Moving from Star to Zee
Filmkraft - Sony to Zee

SRK 22 Films - Most likely to Sony
Firoz Nadiadwala - Possibly to Sony

YRF - Sony to Star
Shemaroo - Many moving from Viacom18 to Zee or Star

Also i think T-Series will hop on to Star India soon, Viacom18 and Dharma might also get space on Star India

Filmkraft - Sony to Zee

YRF - Sony to Star

Also i think T-Series will hop on to Star India soon, Viacom18 and Dharma might also get space on Star India
Filmkraft - Sony to Zee

YRF - Sony to Star

Yrf all films or the new ones ?
Venus was with Zee earlier as well eg Humraaz and Hungama premiered on Zee
Shemaroo will not likely move to Zee because they had a disagreement I think Viacom movies will go to Sony
FilmKraft not all movies will go since Koi Mil Gaya and Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai have not recieved great response on Zee
Tseries will stay since Sony doesn't have an active tieup for movies with a production house
Dharma should go to star though

They still have the deal, whichever movie rights reside with Varun they will land on Zee.
Varun Dhawan Definetly Didnt had a Deal with Zee Because if We See his Movies
Soty(Due To Dharma Deal with Sony)
Main Tera Hero(Balaji-Zee Deal)
HSKD(Dharma Deal with Colors)
Badlapur(Eros-Zee Deal)
ABCD2(Went To Sony)
Dilwale(Went to Sony)
Dishoom(Fox star+ Nadiadwala Star)
BKD(Dharama-Colors Deal)
Judwaa2(Fox Star+Nadiadwala Star)
Sui Dhaaga(YRF-Sony)
Kalank(Fox Star+Nadiadwala Star)
So Looking all his Movie It doesnt look he has anywhere got a deal with Zee, If it was then ABCD2 and Dilwale Too should have gone withZee. ABCD2'Music Rights too were with ZeeMusic.Co and During 2015 all Hindi Disney Movies used to go with Zee but it didnt

Varun Dhawan Definetly Didnt had a Deal with Zee Because if We See his Movies
Soty(Due To Dharma Deal with Sony)
Main Tera Hero(Balaji-Zee Deal)
HSKD(Dharma Deal with Colors)
Badlapur(Eros-Zee Deal)
ABCD2(Went To Sony)
Dilwale(Went to Sony)
Dishoom(Fox star+ Nadiadwala Star)
BKD(Dharama-Colors Deal)
Judwaa2(Fox Star+Nadiadwala Star)
Sui Dhaaga(YRF-Sony)
Kalank(Fox Star+Nadiadwala Star)
So Looking all his Movie It doesnt look he has anywhere got a deal with Zee, If it was then ABCD2 and Dilwale Too should have gone withZee. ABCD2'Music Rights too were with ZeeMusic.Co and During 2015 all Hindi Disney Movies used to go with Zee but it didnt
Dishoom was an Eros movie bro but Nadiadwala deal

Filmkraft - Sony to Zee

YRF - Sony to Star

What are some examples of Venus, Nadiadwala and Shemaroo movies? They are not so prominent production houses compared to Dharma/YRF or even T-Series.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock