Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Nikamma upcoming movie release 17 June In Cinemas Satellite Right Confirm Sony In Motion Poster Out Sony Pictures Channel
9B2gr7Z.jpg

Next to move will be har dil jo pyaar karega, judwaa, jeet,etc which had moved to viacom from sony alongwith jaan-e-mann.
No Bro this movie Aired This May

Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega. 10 May 8:20 Am CCB

Judwaa aired 3 May 6 Am CCB

Jeet aired 1 May 8:25 Am On CCB
Jeet aired 14 May 10:30 Pm CCB

I think
Sajid Nadiadwala Deal With Zee
I think Zee-Sony Merge this reason JaanEMann aired Sony

Is "Tashan" gonna be the next yrf movie to premiere on Star channels or any other movie ??

By the way, I don't think they will take the risk of premiering tashan, as it will get low trp due to bad/negative reviews...

Jaan-e-mann moves back to Sony.
Airing on wah tomorrow morning
q2ZaOfy.png

My estimation was correct. Post 2008 Shree Ashtvinayak film library (owned by shemaroo) which is with viacom18 will shift to sony/zee while Pre 2008 ones which r with zee likely to shift to viacom18 or star/disney

My estimation was correct. Post 2008 Shree Ashtvinayak film library (owned by shemaroo) which is with viacom18 will shift to sony/zee while Pre 2008 ones which r with zee likely to shift to viacom18 or star/disney
Jaan e mann was not an ashtavinayak movie, it was with nge only and had moved to Viacom along with other nge films.
While luck was an ashtavinayak film which moved recently to Sony.

So still not clear if Ajay Devgn sir indeed has agreement with zee for his future movies, even Velle not premiered on any channel till now.

I think previously Ajay Sir bought satellite and digital rights of movies in which he acted and ofcourse owned rights of home production films which he then gave to star india as there was an exclusive agreement between the two wherein star india had bought rights of these films in advance. Later on this agreement would have expired and i think Ajay Sir would have handed over satellite and digital rights of these films to library companies and i guess star/disney renewed films like Singham, Singham Returns , Son Of Sardar thru Reliance Entertainment and Eros. Also digital rights of many of these films either shifted to Amazon Prime Video or shared between Hotstar and Prime Video based on agreement library company entered into.

Now i think these scenarios r possible

- Ajay Sir will enter agreement with zee for forthcoming films and buy satellite rights of these films thereby handing it to zee. Same might happen for digital rights with Amazon Prime Video. Digital rights may also reside with co producer who may sell it to OTT platforms

- Ajay Sir will buy satellite and digital rights of movies but will not have an exclusive agreement rather will have agreement with multiple broadcasters. Could also well b that digital rights r sold sameway or will b held by co producer and sold separately to respective OTT platforms

- Ajay Sir will not buy rights of movies instead take his regular fees (barring home production) and co producer will handle selling satellite or digital rights. Incase of home production he may himself sell the rights or sell the rights to a distributor who will have agreement with broadcasters for satellite or digital rights

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock