Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Chocolate is airing at waterwashed hour tonight . Seems like it's going to shift very soon

HpwUHQh.jpg

Movie was part of the list which i had shared as part of feedback with zee network hindi movie channels and their cluster head. Hopefully it will b aired in prime slots soon either on zee cinema HD or zee action

Shoutout at Lokhandwala added to SGS library. Looks like soon it will be restricted to SGS.

Also, below listed movies can be easily part of SGS library as these are anyway not airing on any of the star channels and are ignored for a good brief period now. Why not to utilise them for SGS which has right audience.

1. Angrezi Medium
2. Dil bechara
3. Love aaj Kal 2
4. Kalank
5. Saathiya
6. Hum Tum

Shootout At Lokhandwala will keep airing on both main channels as well as Star Gold Select.

True. There r certain films which have not aired for a while and i have already shared this feedback with star/disney. I am quite certain that as always they will look into the feedback and take corrective measures.

Also as i have said i feel Hum Tum, Saathiya, Baabul , Kalank, Dil Bechara, Love Aaj Kal 2, Sadak 2 etc. r purposefully being rested and as soon as Star Gold Romance is launched all these will have big premiere and regularly be aired. If SRK / Red Chillies films shift then they will also join the content line up , though some of these will surely premiere 1st on star gold or star gold 2. Later on those fetching low ratings will join Star Gold Select library

Sandeep aur Pinky Faraar also most probably will have next premiere on Star Gold Thrills.

Angrezi Medium is the one i am confused about as to why it is not being aired. Anyways let us see if it does get aired in coming days or not

Don 2 seems to have expired from zee and most probably zee acquired it thru Reliance Entertainment in 2012 as at that time star india had agreement with Excel Films but Don 2 went to zee. Right now not sure who holds the rights.

Anyways expecting Excel Films library to shortly shift to either star/disney or viacom18

Shootout At Lokhandwala will keep airing on both main channels as well as Star Gold Select.

True. There r certain films which have not aired for a while and i have already shared this feedback with star/disney. I am quite certain that as always they will look into the feedback and take corrective measures.

Also as i have said i feel Hum Tum, Saathiya, Baabul , Kalank, Dil Bechara, Love Aaj Kal 2, Sadak 2 etc. r purposefully being rested and as soon as Star Gold Romance is launched all these will have big premiere and regularly be aired. If SRK / Red Chillies films shift then they will also join the content line up , though some of these will surely premiere 1st on star gold or star gold 2. Later on those fetching low ratings will join Star Gold Select library

Sandeep aur Pinky Faraar also most probably will have next premiere on Star Gold Thrills.

Angrezi Medium is the one i am confused about as to why it is not being aired. Anyways let us see if it does get aired in coming days or not
Will War, Dhoom Series & Other Action movies will also premiere on Star Gold Thrills ??

Guys since Nadiadwala is not producing Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali anymore now it’s with SKF ( Salman Khan Films) can anyone tell which channel has its satellite rights?

I Love NY shifts from star/disney to viacom18, airing on Colors Cineplex coming Tuesday in post midnight hrs . This is a T Series movie so it seems T Series is having agreement with all broadcasters for its older films or ones produced by T Series but with Hungama Play r with sony and viacom18 while those with T Series r arriving on star/disney

Edit - so checked once again. All the recently renewed T Series films like Aashiqui, Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahi, Bhool Bhulaiya, Humko Deewana Kar Gaye r available with T Series as well as on hungama play. Ready and I Love NY not available on hungama play. So it seems Hungama Play has an agreement with T Series and acquired rights of older films though not on exclusive basis as T Series own youtube chs still provide these movies.

I Love NY arriving on Viacom18 could also b result of some sharing pact between star/disney and viacom18 as still many movies part of viacom18 library r aired on star/disney

Last edited:
I Love NY shifts from star/disney to viacom18, airing on Colors Cineplex coming Tuesday in post midnight hrs . This is a T Series movie so it seems T Series is having agreement with all broadcasters for its older films or ones produced by T Series but with Hungama Play r with sony and viacom18 while those with T Series r arriving on star/disney

Edit - so checked once again. All the recently renewed T Series films like Aashiqui, Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahi, Bhool Bhulaiya, Humko Deewana Kar Gaye r available with T Series as well as on hungama play. Ready and I Love NY not available on hungama play. So it seems Hungama Play has an agreement with T Series and acquired rights of older films though not on exclusive basis as T Series own youtube chs still provide these movies.

I Love NY arriving on Viacom18 could also b result of some sharing pact between star/disney and viacom18 as still many movies part of viacom18 library r aired on star/disney
I don't think it will be shared viacom18 renewing some niche films from Disney-Star 1st they acquired badlapur now I love NY. Looks like viacom18 will soon launch movie channel like &xplor and SGS.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock