Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,061
  • Views Views: Views 4,354,868
Am not defending any network dude am just pointing out the fact things of broadcasters. Every broadcaster mute some odd words or scenes and ur saying Disney-Star will not do this and for ur kind information skipping songs and editing scenes trend started by star india.

Buddy, i made the point with regard to comment made by u regarding star / disney muting or deletion of songs / scenes from Rowdy movie Rathore which is untrue.

We have already discussed that songs r removed from certain movies by star/disney while even zee deletes scenes or songs from some films.

If star india started trend of deleting songs from few films then sony started the trend of ignoring bollywood films and giving more preference to dubbed south indian movies while zee started trend of removing start/end credits from movies and even endless repetition of handful of movies. Until 2021 mid even zee bollywood removed songs from many films aired on its channels , still at this point this happens incase of few films shown on their channels .

Let's not delve into past faults of broadcasters but try to provide constructive feedback to them so that things improve. I always try and discuss positives as well negatives of all broadcasters and provide a solution as to how either things can further b improved or how shortcomings can b overcomed.

Right now Sony is trying its best to bring back good bollywood and dubbed hollywood movies across its channels, Post expiry of goldmines films library and integration of sony/zee film library things will further improve. Zee is also bringing in fresh bollywood films to its library and even bettering its scheduling strategy, i m hopeful that going forward further good changes will b seen in content strategy across their channels. Viacom18 also doing a great job in expanding its bollywood movies library, going forward they will also improve on its content strategy and distribution of colors cineplex bollywood and colors cineplex superhits. Star/Disney has been doing exceedingly well in all aspects since last 2 or 3 years be it airing diverse bollywood and dubbed hollywood movies, scheduling the movies quite well and even constantly expanding its bollywood / dubbed hollywood movie library... Going forward they will further work on strengthening its positives while working on solution for the flaws

Source

Did "SAB TV/SONY SAB" used to show or premiere any movies earlier in India also ???

Yes. Sony Sab used to show movies earlier in India too, they even had special retro bollywood cinema blocks on weekends.

Salaam Namaste is an excellent movie, unfortunately Sony has not given it proper airing, just hope when it shifts to star/disney this movie gets adequate airing on key slots. Don't know how many 90s or 2000s remember this movie or if Gen Z knows name of this movie but if star/disney promotes it well and airs it frequently them surely it will deliver good ratings. I m highly disappointed that star / disney is not airing films like Hum Tum, Saathiya and some other renewed YRF films r also getting aired less... Already shared feedback with them regarding this. I think some of these r being rested for Star Gold Romance but if that is not the reason then these should b aired now itself

Dude 1st thing am not playing any card with u don't ever think that. 2nd thing I just shared what I've observed in Disney-Star which evert 1 does.
Well bro your reply seems that you were defending zee network, if star gold had really chopped scenes from rowdy rathore then u should have raised your concern at that point only but you were specifically replying to my message, and it seems that you were defending zee network. Rest i really have no issues with zee , sony or colors, if in future i found star network doing something similar then also i will raise this issue in the forum.

Yes. Sony Sab used to show movies earlier in India too, they even had special retro bollywood cinema blocks on weekends.

Salaam Namaste is an excellent movie, unfortunately Sony has not given it proper airing, just hope when it shifts to star/disney this movie gets adequate airing on key slots. Don't know how many 90s or 2000s remember this movie or if Gen Z knows name of this movie but if star/disney promotes it well and airs it frequently them surely it will deliver good ratings. I m highly disappointed that star / disney is not airing films like Hum Tum, Saathiya and some other renewed YRF films r also getting aired less... Already shared feedback with them regarding this. I think some of these r being rested for Star Gold Romance but if that is not the reason then these should b aired now itself
Yes, Salaam Namaste is nice movie, I enjoyed it on big screen, Sony never aired it on prime time,the reason might be the theme of the movie i.e. live in relationship,
Sathiya, Hum Tum not received repetitive airings from star coz barring SRK movies no any other YRF movies received desired TRP, & for the same reason Sony also have been neglecting these movies

Source

"Race (2008)" world television premiere on UTV Movies
Original UTV movies(before Disney takeover) used to my favourite channel. I remember they premiered so many good movies and even world television premiere of all hit movies. UTV was leading production house till 2013. Thanks for sharing this. It kinda made me nostalgic.

Yes, Salaam Namaste is nice movie, I enjoyed it on big screen, Sony never aired it on prime time,the reason might be the theme of the movie i.e. live in relationship,
Sathiya, Hum Tum not received repetitive airings from star coz barring SRK movies no any other YRF movies received desired TRP, & for the same reason Sony also have been neglecting these movies
SGS library will get a big boost from YRF movies. Recently renewed films like Dum laga ke haisha , New York, Thoda pyaar thoda magic, Saathiya , Hum Tum etc are deserved there.

I still fail to understand why RNBDJ has still not had its premiere on main stream star gold SD/HD channel.

Back
Top Bottom