Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

No Chance because If you See whenever Zee Music Co Streams Trailer of Any Movie on You Tube then there is full gurantee that movie will go with Zee for eg: Article15, Jhootha kahin ka,Patakha and many more unknown movie (Non Popular movies), But I strongly believe that Varun Dhawan's Coolie No.1 will also be streamed by Zee Music Co and the Satellite Rights will go to Zee because I havent seen any Movie Poster whose shooting had started just and they display music company on poster so it is with Zee
cookie no.1 satellite rights already sold with stargold as Varun Dhawan deal

Last edited by a moderator:
cookie no.1 satellite rights already sold with stargold as Varun Dhawan deal
That deal is already cancelled. If Varun Dhawan had a deal with Star then Street dancer 3D satellite rights would be with Star. Street Dancer 3D rights with Sony. Coolie No 1 rights with Zee network only. Pooja Entertainment (Vashu Bhagnani and Jacky Bhagnani) has superb relationship with Zee

Here is news related to this
Someone called off a Rs. 300 crore deal with Varun Dhawan and we know who they are : Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama

I think it must have been cancelled bcoz some movies might have been kept out of agreement which broadcaster would have raised objections to. Remember YRF movies of Salman never came on Star India despite exclusive deal with him.

Also i m not sure if it was Zee or Star which entered pact with Varun Dhawan as few articles state that Judwaa 2 was the movie kept out but we know it still rests with Star India. Also Kalank is with Star India... This is most likely bcoz of Fox Star being producers. Above information indicates it was actually Zee which might have been partnered with Zee but cancelled later on

Also Star India will get upcoming movies from Dharma, Vinod Chopra Productions too as Fox Star is co producing them. If movie is produced by multiple players then rights r sold separately even though one of the 2 producers might have agreement with specific channel. Also Movie Stars have to buy rights themselves to be able to hand it over to their partners hence sometimes certain production companies do not indulge in this as their own satellite tv partners stand to lose

Here is news related to this
Someone called off a Rs. 300 crore deal with Varun Dhawan and we know who they are : Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama

I think it must have been cancelled bcoz some movies might have been kept out of agreement which broadcaster would have raised objections to. Remember YRF movies of Salman never came on Star India despite exclusive deal with him.

Also i m not sure if it was Zee or Star which entered pact with Varun Dhawan as few articles state that Judwaa 2 was the movie kept out but we know it still rests with Star India. Also Kalank is with Star India... This is most likely bcoz of Fox Star being producers. Above information indicates it was actually Zee which might have been partnered with Zee but cancelled later on

Also Star India will get upcoming movies from Dharma, Vinod Chopra Productions too as Fox Star is co producing them. If movie is produced by multiple players then rights r sold separately even though one of the 2 producers might have agreement with specific channel. Also Movie Stars have to buy rights themselves to be able to hand it over to their partners hence sometimes certain production companies do not indulge in this as their own satellite tv partners stand to lose
Ek ladki was also Fox Star India distribution although rights went to Sony. Dharma has joined hands with Zee

After The Dirty Picture now Ragini MMS moves to Star India, this indicates that Star/Disney has signed deal with Balaji Films too and as rights period expire with Zee other films will join Star bandwagon. As i had stated 5 months back Disney will boost its position in movie, kids, gec space... Certainly feel they will not anymore spend high on sports genre... This can mean less competition thus reduction in rights acquisition price for India Cricket and eventually more chance for broadcasters to earn properly thereby allocating decent funds for other sports too

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock