Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

zbAYNfd.jpg

After a long time, it was aired today morning on B4U Movies India

Wah has many bollywood premieres lines up.....like Wah par pehli baar of "Koyelaanchal (2014)", "KLPD Kismet Love Paisa Dilli (2012)" [KLPD WTP happened on &Pictures in 2021] and many others and even WTP of "Ab Tak Chhappan 2 (2015)"

I guess ABT2 WTP would have already happened on Zee Cinema back in 2015.....

Maybe even WTP of "October (2018)" might too happen on Sony Wah

I think they are making Sony Wah Useful & Special than Sony Max

They r just in a pause mode. Sony hindi movie channels r mostly airing popular / less popular/niche bollywood & dubbed south indian movies which expiring soon alongwith certain other films which did not fetch ratings and were restricted to watershed hours until now.

Soon we may see a revamped content strategy for Sony Max. Sony Wah too may revamp / rebrand or might as well shut down to make way for Sony Max 2 HD or some other channel.

All the changes we r seeing right now seem to b just a temporary fix.

Even the daily dubbed south indian movie premieres on Sony Max r films from goldmines library which sony had not aired till now in main slots bcoz these r not popular but now as all these r expiring hence they r airing them on regularly.

When YRF onboarding was new to Disney-Star, they did air most of the movies in prime time including niche movies.

However, as of today the scenario is changed and YRF movies are now restricted to odd hrs. Similar to what Sony was doing. Also, majority of movies are not being aired at all - Hum Tum(though aired recently after long gap in odd hrs), Saathiya, New York, DTPH etc. From the recently renewed movies lot, only Mardaani & RNBND are getting noon/watchable slots.

Classic/popular movies having repeat value like DDLJ, Dhoom 3, War, Mardaani 2 etc are getting prime time airing. Rest are being ignored & I hope the reason is not that these movies are being rested for SG Romance channel launch as it has not seen light for nearly 1.5 year now since the announcement

Wait a little more bro, i am certain all these and many other bollywood films will get prime slots across star / disney hindi movie channels. As per my understanding , i am anticipating that soon star/disney will launch some new hindi movie channels as well revamp/rebrand few of the current ones.... Thereafter u may see all of the sidelined movies being given space on these channels

Instead of resting, they should air these movies on Star gold select

Even adding fresh movies on Star Gold Select is presently at halt (except maybe few exceptions) since last 8 months or so, not only films from YRF but many other movies which could have easily been included in schedule /library of this channel, these r all being rested or aired in watershed hours.

One thing which i strongly believe that star/disney will not simply sideline / ignore all these bollywood films, they might be working on designing a new content strategy for its current and new channels ... Also right kind of promotional and distribution strategy needs to b made for success of these channels hence it would b taking somewhat longer for final implementation to happen.

Signing new RIO agreement between broadcasters & operators plays a key role in effective distribution of channels, any broadcaster can't b paying carriage fee to different operators for a longer period to expand reach of its various new channels as presently new channels cannot b included in NTO 1.0 RIO. Rebranding too is difficult as in NT0 1.0 RIO broadcasters cannot make changes in pricing or shift placement of channels from one bouquet to another . Even there is a possibility that some the channels which were previously decided to b shut down, may well continue and some others might get discontinued. So all these also would b reasons for delay.

I am waiting for a new updated NTO 2.0 compliant RIO from star/disney through which we will get more clarity on upcoming changes. Till it is implemented we might see fewer channel launches or rebranding. Channel Rebranding of certain channels can easily be done while NTO 1.0 RIO is in circulation only if broadcasters r okay with keeping pricing same and there is no need to make changes in placement of channels across its different bouquets which have been made available to operators / customers.

Goodbye, Doctor G and Thank God are all with Zee Cinema. Have to wait and watch for Ram Setu.

Goodbye most likely went to zee cinema thru Saraswati Films, Doctor G ofcourse went thru Junglee Films as zee had entered into agreement with them sometime back and Badhaai Do was the 1st premiere to happen after this and Thank God went to zee bcoz of zee network agreement with Ajay Sir

Disney-Star is brinding back airings of movies, which was renewed between 2020-early 2022 and aired only once and never aired back or aired for some times after renewal and stopped airing for long time

Disney-Star was somewhat inactive 2020 - 2021 in its scheduling strategy, don't know what happened

Their scheduling strategy for bollywood films has been really good throughout except few shortcomings which will b addressed very soon

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock