Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

T series film with Zee Cinema🤔

Batti Gul Meter Chaalu and many other T Series co production r with Zee, when multiple producers r in play or actor has agreement with a channel and bought rights to movie then satellite rights partner selection is dependent on these factors too. If T Series is sole producer and rights r not held by actor of movie then concerned channel partner of producer will get rights else not

Anubhav Sinha has a deal with Zee I guess. So that's why it would have happened.SMZS also may be moving to Zee but Sony won't stop it would do something about it. Perhaps the Nadiadwala (Base Industries Group) deal, And there is also buzz that colors- Sony deal has also become successful. So pretty much amazing stuff is still on track for Sony even though it has lost 2 major Tseries movies

Anubhav Sinha has a deal with Zee I guess. So that's why it would have happened.SMZS also may be moving to Zee but Sony won't stop it would do something about it. Perhaps the Nadiadwala (Base Industries Group) deal, And there is also buzz that colors- Sony deal has also become successful. So pretty much amazing stuff is still on track for Sony even though it has lost 2 major Tseries movies

I think T Series will move back to Star India. Also Sony needs to start a bollywood channel featuring post 2000 films, they r not using good library which rests with them. I understand that it will not get high ratings as dubbed cinema does but will be as successful if not more than Max2

I think T Series will move back to Star India. Also Sony needs to start a bollywood channel featuring post 2000 films, they r not using good library which rests with them. I understand that it will not get high ratings as dubbed cinema does but will be as successful if not more than Max2
Already Star India has Huge Tseries movies (Ajay Devgan) the real reason Tseries went back to Sony because Star India contract expired. Star India has a lot of library already. If everything will be with Star India(Jio Studios, maddock, Fox Star, nadiadwala grandson,Venus,Hrithik,yrf,Ajay Devgan) then Sony-colors will get almost nothing. After these films(Street dancer 3D, Malang, Ludo, Jhund) except Shakuntala Devi and Helmet no other movie is sure with Sony.

Last edited:
Already Star India has Huge Tseries movies (Ajay Devgan) the real reason Tseries went back to Sony because Star India contract expired. Star India has a lot of library already. If everything will be with Star India then Sony-colors will get almost nothing. After these films except Shakuntala Devi and Helmet no other movie is sure with Sony.

Film Production Companies themselves moving away from Sony or Viacom as their movies do not find much airtime there. This despite good price being paid for satellite rights, visibility is really important these days and companies know it well

Film Production Companies themselves moving away from Sony or Viacom as their movies do not find much airtime there. This despite good price being paid for satellite rights, visibility is really important these days and companies know it well
Sony is improving slowly though. At least max HD makes a point to air Bollywood content more than it's SD counterpart which has become a South only channel.

The merger b/w Sony and TV18 cannot happen soon enough. Sony desperately needs that second HD Hindi movie channel (i.e., Colors Cineplex HD) which it is not going to launch on its own. Meanwhile Disney/Star is launching a 4th Hindi HD movie channel tomorrow and Zee has 3.

Until now Sony has been powered by YRF, T-Series, etc. Having lost YRF it is dwindling rapidly and T-Series is also not guaranteed with Sony. Viacom18 is in an even worse situation as its slate has dried up since 2017 without the power of Dharma. The two smaller players need each other desperately.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock