Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Atleast Max HD got some latest dubbed content. They are airing same movies every single week. Hopefully, channel shuts down before.
After losing YRF, Sony is doing a lot with just four channels including only one HD channel plus a disadvantage in the satellite rights race. It has realised that Bollywood is equally as important as South. Credit where it is due.

After losing YRF, Sony is doing a lot with just four channels including only one HD channel plus a disadvantage in the satellite rights race. It has realised that Bollywood is equally as important as South. Credit where it is due.
Last year during renewals it performed dismally with Ankhiyon Se Goli Maare, Chhote Sarkar, Daava, and other flops. With Chain Kulli Ki Main Kulli at the start of the year and the supposed Base Industries Group Deal Sony is trying to make a mark in the race. Phir Hera Pheri has been aired so much on Zee that I've forgot to count how many times the film has aired in a month. While Sooryavansham airs on a weekly basis. In the acquisition race as well Sony desperately needs a big star movie (The last one was TOH) to get back in what's lost. Although Street Dancer 3D can be Sony's Trump Card during TRPs A Salman, SRK, Aamir, Akshay etc movie is desperately needed to sustain in the game.
Plus Sony is concentrating on big ticket South films like Majilli, Ismart Shankar, Comali etc
The only big movie which Sony can get will be SRK's next as an one off by paying high money to Red Chillies which it is unlikely to. Besides KGF 2 and Street Dancer 3D no other big budget movie is not in Store for them at the moment. There is also a very thin chance of Getting RRR hindi rights hope it does get so.

Last edited:
Last year during renewals it performed dismally with Ankhiyon Se Goli Maare, Chhote Sarkar, Daava, and other flops. With Chain Kulli Ki Main Kulli at the start of the year and the supposed Base Industries Group Deal Sony is trying to make a mark in the race. Phir Hera Pheri has been aired so much on Zee that I've forgot to count how many times the film has aired in a month. While Sooryavansham airs on a weekly basis. In the acquisition race as well Sony desperately needs a big star movie (The last one was TOH) to get back in what's lost. Although Street Dancer 3D can be Sony's Trump Card during TRPs A Salman, SRK, Aamir, Akshay etc movie is desperately needed to sustain in the game.
Street dancer didn't actually got good reviews from both critics and viewers. Even if it got better reviews. It won't draw much viewers post it's premier. This is just one of those one time watch movies.

Street dancer didn't actually got good reviews from both critics and viewers. Even if it got better reviews. It won't draw much viewers post it's premier. This is just one of those one time watch movies.
It would treat it like ABCD 2 which has become a slow and steady TV Hit

Others Sajid Nadiadwala movies like Jeet, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Housefull, Hey Baby might move to Star India... Later 2 will shift after Zee Contract expires which will take sometime , previously Star India has held these 2 titles .

Also i m sensing Koyla, Krrish series moving to Zee. Sony will be really short of bollywood content , i think Firoz Nadiadwala, Vishesh Films will b their saviors... Even upcoming Vidhu Vinod Chopra project is with Star India and T Series again i am feeling will hop to Star India soon

Plus Sony is concentrating on big ticket South films like Majilli, Ismart Shankar, Comali etc
The only big movie which Sony can get will be SRK's next as an one off by paying high money to Red Chillies which it is unlikely to. Besides KGF 2 and Street Dancer 3D no other big budget movie is not in Store for them at the moment. There is also a very thin chance of Getting RRR hindi rights hope it does get so.

Sony is itself to blame, they ignored airing movies it had and producers opted out... I had myself requested them so many times to add bollywood movies to schedule but hardly anything happened. Street Dancer, Pagalpanti, Marjavan, Jai Mummy Di won't work , also Kabir Singh is although good but unfit for TV success bcoz in India 1 TV homes r more and families watch together. SRK most likely has signed deal with Star/Disney India .

These days Sony Wah is showing more bollywood stuff and even dubbed hollywood films... Too much southern dubbed cinema focus has led to Sony almost left empty handed with latest bollywood content and this is certainly big worry for the network... Hope in future they learn from mistake and make amends

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock