Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Satyameva Jayate rights control with Anand Pandit Motion Pictures

If multiple producers r there then joint call is taken, exclusive deal comes to play when sole entity is involved in making movie

Nadiadwala Grandson wanted to keep satellite, digital, music rights to itself hence dispute happened with Disney which wanted all of it other than existing distribution rights. So all in all it is not that Disney will no longer get satellite or digital rights, just that producer will take decision for it. Remember Fox distributes many movies which went to Sony based on producers choice. By the way recently Waqt Hamara Hai moved from sony to star, its NG production

Also Star India is on turbo mode to acquire movies across genres, eras... They r buying from almost all major n minor firms. Already so many fresh movies added to line up and many more to come in future. Star Utsav Movies rebranding to Star Gold Family is still pending and UTV films yet to mark presence on star network cluster bcoz of agreement conditions. Today old himmatwala coming on Utsav Movies which was till few months back with Zee and its either thru some library route (ultra, shemaroo, time, unisys etc.) or directly from Padmalaya... If latter is true then Sony will lose more key films soon. Now Star will further strengthen its bollywood destination positioning thus leaving zee behind
Padmalaya is one such studio that will not leave Sony

War will be counted part of 6, only if YRF would have been kept out then such adjustments would have been done
Bro I hope you remember that Star network Deal with Salman Khan , Ajay Devgan and Hrithik Roshan all 3 actors movies Star got Both Satellite and Digital Rights
If War sold by Hrithik Roshan than sure Digital Rights Hotstar
Yash Raj films Sold War Rights separately

Nadiadwala Grandson wanted to keep satellite, digital, music rights to itself hence dispute happened with Disney which wanted all of it other than existing distribution rights. So all in all it is not that Disney will no longer get satellite or digital rights, just that producer will take decision for it. Remember Fox distributes many movies which went to Sony based on producers choice. By the way recently Waqt Hamara Hai moved from sony to star, its NG production

Also Star India is on turbo mode to acquire movies across genres, eras... They r buying from almost all major n minor firms. Already so many fresh movies added to line up and many more to come in future. Star Utsav Movies rebranding to Star Gold Family is still pending and UTV films yet to mark presence on star network cluster bcoz of agreement conditions. Today old himmatwala coming on Utsav Movies which was till few months back with Zee and its either thru some library route (ultra, shemaroo, time, unisys etc.) or directly from Padmalaya... If latter is true then Sony will lose more key films soon. Now Star will further strengthen its bollywood destination positioning thus leaving zee behind
I think by repeatedly airing Nadiadwala films on Sony. It is trying to impress him that the films are getting airtime. Heropanti is being aired regularly on both the channels. Prime timet special on Wah

Padmalaya is one such studio that will not leave Sony

Why so? If they get a better deal from rival then same thing like YRF will happen. Right now only secure pact with Ajay Devgn n Star/Disney bcoz of immense bond, respect and admiration for each other... Yes monetary gains is also reason but as i see Ajay Sir/Disney will be happy to keep this going even if some changes r required in price

I think by repeatedly airing Nadiadwala films on Sony. It is trying to impress him that the films are getting airtime. Heropanti is being aired regularly on both the channels. Prime timet special on Wah
Heropanti is being shown regularly because it is moving to Zee. But I agree that Nadiadwala upcoming movies will be and should be Sony

UTV Films, NG films will move to Star India... Heropanti, Baaghi, Rowdy Rathore r few of them

Star got Both Rights of Ajay , Salman and Hrithik Roshan movies
But surely Star defentily not get Digital Rights of Yash Raj films
Brother it is not necessary that Star will get digital rights too for each movie where a deal is in place or in general acquisition. At present stars or producers r selling each right to company which gives best offer... See the recent Salman Khan deal with zee and amazon.

But yes there is a possibility that War is part of YRF combo deal or it may be possible that Hrithik bought its rights and gave to Star India. Still no official statement to prove either cases. Also YRF logo missing from promos is another strange thing, i think Star would have gone big to announce this partnership if War was part of it. Anyways let's wait to see what is in store
Bro I don't understand this Star network deals like 250 Cr ,500 , 900 , 550 , 500 Cr
All these amount small for Star/Disney
Why can't Sony can offer like this

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock