Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,059
  • Views Views: Views 4,354,441
After merger each company will focus or invest in its advantage zone, Sony will build up on hindi movie chs where lot of investment is required post recent contract exits... I sense T Series also moving to star network. Whole point of merger is to leverage resources properly and save money or increase profits. Discovery might pitch in to fill void left by History TV , FYI in their bouquet. Also this means that wef 1st April they r planning to bring New RIO, if so then pending HD chs will land on airtel

After merger each company will focus or invest in its advantage zone, Sony will build up on hindi movie chs where lot of investment is required post recent contract exits... I sense T Series also moving to star network. Whole point of merger is to leverage resources properly and save money or increase profits. Discovery might pitch in to fill void left by History TV , FYI in their bouquet. Also this means that wef 1st April they r planning to bring New RIO, if so then pending HD chs will land on airtel
T series will not movie to star, Sony is promoting it very well and bhusan Kumar has a very good relationship with Sony pictures network. He also came in the final of indian Idol and winner of indian Idol will get a chance to sing in next T series movie. Sony gives good justice to T series movies. Bhusan Kumar will not leave Sony at least for now

T series will not movie to star, Sony is promoting it very well and bhusan Kumar has a very good relationship with Sony pictures network. He also came in the final of indian Idol and winner of indian Idol will get a chance to sing in next T series movie. Sony gives good justice to T series movies. Bhusan Kumar will not leave Sony at least for now

At present many of T Series are not finding space on Sony, keeping this apart it is bidding price which matters more and as evident Disney is going all out to ramp up bollywood library. Regarding promoting films on reality shows, it has nothing to do with deals happening with broadcasters... These r done to mutually bring audience for both things. Anyways wait a little more, bindass is playing so many T Series songs despite being costly to acquire & channel performing poorly which indicates a more strong connection between the two , most probably it is film sat rights deal which will come forth... Same happened incase of YRF and i guessed it last year mentioning it in forum

Sony Music is one of the biggest rival of T Series.

Sony Music is one of the biggest rival of T Series.

So? Buddy if they all just start ignoring each other considering these things then nothing will work out, all in all business decisions are taken based on what suits a company best. T Series does not have a satellite channel hence Sony or Star r partner options for them, regarding album contracts awarded on Indian Idol... Well again Sony's TV Arm can collaborate with whoever they seem fit or vice versa.

Lastly T Series offbeat films will get wider reach on Star Network, think star gold select will continue with lot of films from UTV, T Series, YRF , others coming onboard

At present many of T Series are not finding space on Sony, keeping this apart it is bidding price which matters more and as evident Disney is going all out to ramp up bollywood library. Regarding promoting films on reality shows, it has nothing to do with deals happening with broadcasters... These r done to mutually bring audience for both things. Anyways wait a little more, bindass is playing so many T Series songs despite being costly to acquire & channel performing poorly which indicates a more strong connection between the two , most probably it is film sat rights deal which will come forth... Same happened incase of YRF and i guessed it last year mentioning it in forum
T series are finding better space on Sony as compared to star (when it was with them for a while) Sony always gives time to T series movies. Like Hindi medium, Sonu ke titu Ki sweety, Kabir singh, Bhootnath returns, batla house. They have even given justice to low budget movies like section 375, Malal,pagalpanti. They did very well marjaavaan also. Even T series upcoming premiers of Pati patni or woh, street dancer and Malang will do very well. U always underestimate Sony and say that their production houses are moving to Star. Nothing can be said before any official confirmation. Sony also knows if T series will be slipped out from them then they will be left with nothing. So Sony will bid the highest for keeping T series with them.

T series are finding better space on Sony as compared to star (when it was with them for a while) Sony always gives time to T series movies. Like Hindi medium, Sonu ke titu Ki sweety, Kabir singh, Bhootnath returns, batla house. They have even given justice to low budget movies like section 375, Malal,pagalpanti. They did very well marjaavaan also. Even T series upcoming premiers of Pati patni or woh, street dancer and Malang will do very well. U always underestimate Sony and say that their production houses are moving to Star. Nothing can be said before any official confirmation. Sony also knows if T series will be slipped out from them then they will be left with nothing. So Sony will bid the highest for keeping T series with them.
Yes, and I think that the rigts of Shubh Mangal zyada Savdhan are with sony

Buddy just look at list of t series films not shown or should i say given proper slots and allocated after hrs. Also i m not making up things or trying to portray something out of context. Is it not true that Sony had ample options to give post 2000 bollywood films more screen presence but focused way too much on dubbed cinema?

Lastly i have praised them on many occasions, so wrong on ur part to accuse me of downplaying their potential. I will b ecstatic if Sony launches a new Bollywood Movie Channel and have been requesting this to them or here for years now. Already they have lost major film deals still do hope that new ones take shape and mistakes rectified in future. I have stated that they will invest more in bollywood movies, mix closing could have relation to saving money for this

Last edited:
Yes, and I think that the rigts of Shubh Mangal zyada Savdhan are with sony

Not happening. Also Street Dancer might end up with Star if Varun Dhawan has rights and entered into exclusive deal with them

Back
Top Bottom