Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,061
  • Views Views: Views 4,355,351
Just to clarify October movie digital rights as well as satellite rights with Amazon, hence it wlll not be premiered on television channels unless amazon sells.

Also note that next month 2 bollywood movies are directly releasing via Amazon and its satellite rights with Sony Max and music rights with Zee music which sold long back ..

DRIVE movie initially planned to release in theatres but due to some issues they decided to sell to Netflix, so because of Dharma - Zee music deal, it's music with Zee music company

These are the point answered for some questions.
Thank you

Just to clarify October movie digital rights as well as satellite rights with Amazon, hence it wlll not be premiered on television channels unless amazon sells.
Newton is also on Amazon Prime Video. Is it also the case that Amazon will not sell the satellite rights of Newton unless it wishes to?

How about Netflix and The Sky is Pink? How about Amazon and SMZS (though the rumours point to Sony)?

In movies like sonu ke titu ki sweety, blackmail, hate story 4, only Amazon prime logo was shown only, then also satellite rights went to Sony Max, same way SMZS satellite rights with Sony Max.
And when I watched SMZS, it was written that Amazon prime is the streaming partner only

Ranbir Kapoor upcoming movies satellite rights :
Shamsheera (foxstar +Disney)
Brahmastra (Viacom /foxstar +Disney)
Untitled project of ranbir kapoor and shraddha kapoor (Sony)

buddy look at panga trp this week on star gold, flop at BO does not mean a film is bad or won't work on tv. Housefull 4 which again u keep criticising as overhyped is again mass entertainer which critics bashed like it usually happens. Well actually star is doing well to promote meaningful as well as masala films , even zee doing good but sony has just left all offbeat stuff unused. Even their big hits like 3 id*ots, pk, sultan now dwindling in trp bcoz of constant weekend runs. This week atleast they r premiering Jurassic World on max for a change
Bro Movies like marjaavaan, pagalpanti didn't worked on box office, but they were blockbusters on Sony Max(because of outstanding promotion and management) . Check latest barc trp ratings 3 id*ots at number 3 in urban ratings.(so please check before saying) 3 id*ots(providing outstanding viewership even after so many years and movies which u mentioned always come in top 5
I am sure that the above average street dancer 3Dwill be a blockbuster on TV as well. Panga actually will do fine job for initial ratings, plus it's premier on star gold was done on mothers day which it took advantage of.
I was not pointing out houseful 4
4,particularly I meant to say that the good content movies like hume tumse pyar kitna, Newton, and October etc deserves to get satellite rights to any big network.
3 id*ots is actually one of the best bollywood films, so it is works on tv

Last edited:
Movies like marjaavaan, pagalpanti didn't worked on box office, but they were super hit on Sony Max. Check latest barc trp ratings 3 id*ots at number 3 in urban ratings. 3 id*ots and movies which u mentioned always come in top 5
I am sure that the above average street dancer 3Dwill be a blockbuster on TV as well well. Panga actually will do fine job for initial ratings, plus it's premier on star gold was done on mothers day which it took advantage of.
I was not pointing out houseful 4
4,particularly I meant to say that the good content movies like hume tumse pyar kitna, Newton, and October etc deserves to get satellite rights to any big network.

3 id*ots ratings dwindling and it will somehow always work despite repetition bcoz it is a family friendly film. Such films r few, look at Hum Saath Saath Hai or Sooryavansham ... They doing gr8 bcoz of this factor. When all sit together such content is tuned in

Pagalpanti, Marjaavan again might work for sometime but later i m not sure....Pati Patni aur Woh will not work from now on as per my opinion. Sony has family films like Ta Ra Rum Pum which can work well but they never utilised it till now. Tarzan Wonder Car is perfect example how good content works, BO performance cannot determine tv success

Marjaavan, pagalpanti,(these movies trps are getting even more than its wtp after every premier) and pati patni or woh(super comedy - family movie) will really do very well for long term.

Last edited:
Some of Sony's meaningful films lying idle - paan singh, piku, ek thhi dayan, manorama, dor, lootera, jhoom baraabar jhoom, 1942 love story, citylights, soorma, wazir, ahista ahista

Some of Sony's meaningful films lying idle - paan singh, piku, ek thhi dayan, manorama, dor, lootera, jhoom baraabar jhoom, 1942 love story, citylights, soorma, wazir, ahista ahista
Bro again u have started. U don't point out those films of foxtstar +Disney which are lying idle, u always point out sony only it's not fair to justice bro

Back
Top Bottom