Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,104
  • Views Views: Views 4,371,312
Anybody yesterday watched Lord Of Shanghai movie on Star Gold Select ?
In schedule SGS scheduled Lord of Shanghai
This movie dubbed in Hindi :unsure:

Last edited:
Naya Daur was already with Star with BR selling their rights to Shemaroo of it's coloured version. Umrao Jaan (both the versions) are now with Star that's pretty great

Naya Daur was with zee. Original or Remastered version does not make a diff as fat as ownership of rights is concerned, if a ch gets rights they can decide which one they want to have to air.

Other day u guys were making wrong comments about old sholay original version being with zee and remastered one residing with Star which is not true. Sholay moved from zee to star and star decided to opt for new version which honestly i did not like with artificially enhanced sounds thus ruining the charm

Naya Daur was with zee. Original or Remastered version does not make a diff as fat as ownership of rights is concerned, if a ch gets rights they can decide which one they want to have to air.

Other day u guys were making wrong comments about old sholay original version being with zee and remastered one residing with Star which is not true. Sholay moved from zee to star and star decided to opt for new version which honestly i did not like with artificially enhanced sounds thus ruining the charm
Bro I watched sholay older version in zee many times.. But the 3d version satellite rights with star which released in 2012..

Bro I watched sholay older version in zee many times.. But the 3d version satellite rights with star which released in 2012..

Yes, earlier zee had it but later star got rights. Old or 3D depends on what star wants to air... Zee does not have rights of old version which some r thinking of

Looks like Goldmines Telefilms all movies expiring from Star Gold
Goldmines Telefilms New channel Dhinchaak will New Home for these movies

Few of less popular T series films which Sony Max were not were not giving much time earlier now those also getting airtime. they showed Tum bin 2 previous Saturday at 7 am and now showing wajah tum ho on this Friday at around 8 am.
And I guess tanhaji(star) or good newz (zee) wtp will happen within the next couple of months as the add is revenue problem is almost gone now. As other big movies like malang, street dancer 3D premier also happening soon. And even zee also premiering thappad this month

Last edited:
Fox Star Disney investing hugely in satellite rights of lots big budget HISTORICAL TYPE films. First mohen jodaro which was a flop then kalank which was a mega disaster
But now they have got blockbuster tanhaji
And upcoming historical type big budget movies like Shamsheera, prithviraj, Brahmastra (probably) etc
Looks like foxtstar +Disney going back in history with time

Last edited:
Off topic:

&Pictures HD is continuously telecasting
A Flying Jatt and Chennai Express.

Will the rights be renewed by an other network?

Off topic:

&Pictures HD is continuously telecasting
A Flying Jatt and Chennai Express.

Will the rights be renewed by an other network?
Chennai express is a part of srk 22 films which he is selling to a network, so yes it is a moving. And A FLYING JATT is Balaji motion pictures which will move to star, if they renew it. But A FLYING JATT will not move now, it will take much time

Back
Top Bottom