Satellite Rights of South Indian Television Channels

• Thread starter Npnn007
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,630
  • Views: Views 563,329
It's Good move for Zee, Star, Colors and other small local TV players
And do you think Sun will make that move to make good for other channels? What will sun gain from it. They will withdraw small budget movies that can be understood but will they do the same
I think Previously Big Budget movies Satellite with Digital Rights Acquired, Later Rights Withdrawns now all depends on Sun TV Decision
Nm5THBM.jpg
No they never took big budget tamil movies including Digital rights in recent years. What they have in recent years are Sarkar & Petta digital which are own production movies. And in telugu also they only took Ala Vaikuntapuram lo digital in last 2yrs among big stars/big budget movies.

Why no channel is interested in renewing the yajamana movie?
It'll be good if Udaya TV renews it back because it'll be good to watch such good movies on
Udaya TV.

I personally don't like watching movies like Putnanja, Kurubana Rani, Diggajaru and some other movies which got renewed on
Zee Kannada or Zee Picchar.

Hope they renew it!!

According to some reports from credible sources SUN TV has paused buying satellite rights of new flims for this year in tamil because they already invested 175crs for 36 films (excluding there own production), and due to covid19 those movies not released or completed, so paused buying new movies for the time being.

It's Good move for Zee, Star, Colors and other small local TV players
Soorarai Pottru is confirmed with Sun they're not withdrawing rights. They are planning to premiere on Pongal
They are planning mostly air movies like Bhoomi, Mookuthi Amman on TV directly

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock