Discussion Share ideas for rebrand of existing channels

One idea. We can rebrand UTV Action to Disney Movies. It can be a kid centric movie channel with dubbed movies in local languages. They already got a huge library. They can bring tv movies from Disney's own library. Along with all the content Marvel and Star got.

Last edited:
Sony Zee post Merger as "SOZ" :

Suggested Changes :

Hindi and English Cluster
SET India - Soz Channel (SD+HD)
Sony Max+ Zee Cinema - Soz Movies (SD+HD)
Sony Max 2 + Zee Bollywood - Soz Bollywood
Sony Wah+Zee Anmol Cinema - Soz Matinee
Sony Pix - Merged with &flix (SD+HD)
Zee TV - Soz Prime (SD+HD)
Sony Pal+Zee Anmol+Big Magic - Soz Lamhe
Sony SAB - Soz Khushi (SD+HD)
Zee Action - Soz Punch
Zee Classic - Soz Evergreen
Zing - Soz GenX

Regional

Zee Bangla - Soz Bangla (SD+HD)
Sony AATH - &Bangla (dubbed and original niche content)
Zee Bangla Cinema - Soz Movies Bangla
Zee Marathi - Soz Marathi (SD+HD)
Sony Marathi - &Marathi
Zee Talkies - Soz Talkies (SD+HD)
Zee Chitramandir - Soz Chitramandir
Zee Vajwa - Soz Vajwa
Zee Punjabi - Soz Punjabi
Zee Sarthak - Soz Sarthak
Zee Ganga - Soz Ganga
Zee Biskope - Soz Biskope
Zee Kannada - Soz Kannada (SD+HD)
Zee Picchar - Soz Picchar (SD+HD)
Zee Tamil - Soz Tamil (SD+HD)
Zee Thirai - Soz Thirai (SD+HD)
Zee Telugu - Soz Telugu (SD+HD)
Zee Cinemalu - Soz Cinemalu (SD+HD)
Zee Keralam - Soz Keralam (SD+HD)

Unchanged

Sony Sports Network
Sony BBC Earth
Sony YAY
&pictures (SD+HD)
&xplor HD
&prive HD

Zee action should be rebranded as zee cinema 2 and they should air 80s 90s 20s bollywood movies and bring old concepts like shaniwar ki rat Amitabh ke saath, double maza, cinema klub, namaste cinema, movie of the month, ek ka teen platinum, viewers choice movie. It should be old zee cinema all india favourite movie channel.

Last edited:
Zee action should be rebranded as zee cinema 2 and they should air 80s 90s 20s bollywood movies and bring old concepts like shaniwar ki rat Amitabh ke saath, double maza, cinema klub, namaste cinema, movie of the month, ek ka teen platinum, viewers choice movie. It should be old zee cinema all india favourite movie channel.
zee is already airing old bollywood movies in their zee bollywood channel - it might as well change its name into zee cinema 2

I can't understand why there were so many sad reactions to my earlier post.

If Vodafone and Idea can become VI, then why can't Sony Zee combine and form "SOZ"? Moreover, VI is of course still called Vodafone Idea by some people out of a habit. Besides, Zee has merged its entertainment business with SPNI, and not news. So even if Zee and Sony become Soz, Zee would continue to exist as a news network, right? So what's wrong with it?

And there is an old saying called change is the only constant, one needs to adapt to changes. It'll take time.

If Vodafone and Idea can become VI, then why can't Sony Zee combine and form "SOZ"? Moreover, VI is of course still called Vodafone Idea by some people out of a habit. Besides, Zee has merged its entertainment business with SPNI, and not news. So even if Zee and Sony become Soz, Zee would continue to exist as a news network, right? So what's wrong with it?

And there is an old saying called change is the only constant, one needs to adapt to changes. It'll take time.
Vi sounds cool. SoZ sounds awful.

Cause VI sounds fine SOZ doesn't. Vodafone Idea was just single brand so one brand rebrand is fine.

Here there are lot of established brands or a established network. You're not only trying to change name of brand but also names of channel.

Change is constant but revamps are fine but not upside down change which will impact business as well.

There is absolutely no comparison between:
  • Vodafone and Idea shedding their old brands in favour of a new brand, and
  • Zee and Sony merging together, most likely retaining their brands.
Vodafone Idea had only a single mobile network to rebrand, plus the related apps, broadband services and other properties. But there are nearly 50 Zee and 25 Sony channels involved here, plus the other services and OTT platforms.

It is not a good idea to mash up two names just because two companies are merging. Zee and Sony will almost definitely retain their existing brands.

No offence bro, we appreciate ur works too..
But 'SOZ' as network is a bit acceptable just like Vi, but changing each channel from 2 big networks will create a little confusion for atleast 1% of population that is this some another channel.

Better I would like to both being same as now.

More then SOZ SOZEE or ZONY sounds better bro.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock