Discussion Should all SD channels adopt 16:9 ratio broadcast?

In which ratio SD channels should broadcast ?

• 16:9

Votes: 88 88.0%
  • 4:3

Votes: 12 12.0%

• Total voters
16:9 broadcasting is the future but if they want to broadcast 4:3 content without side black bar and stretching they have to crop the 4:3 video to 16:9. Which will look like they zoomed it.. Recently I did the same thing to my old 4:3 photos..

RRHOEbh.jpg

Broadcasters should adopt 16:9.

They can just stretch the 4:3 content to fill the screen (not crop/zoom). We've been watching like that from years now.

16:9 broadcasting is the future but if they want to broadcast 4:3 content without side black bar and stretching they have to crop the 4:3 video to 16:9. Which will look like they zoomed it.. Recently I did the same thing to my old 4:3 photos..

RRHOEbh.jpg
Stretching 4:3 AR content is better option. We already adapted to it.

Yes, especially for movies channels like Zee picchar.

They are telecasting all movies SD format. This makes 30% black bar on top, 30% black bar at bottom and making only 40% screen is visible in LCD TVs. Viewers like me just skip the channel because of this.

They must telecast all new movies in HD format without stretching anything
Stretch 4:3 old movies to 16:9 ratio which is happening for all movies right now.

Well most chs cannot have hd feed downscaled to sd bcoz ad slots r sold separately targeting diff segments and 16:9 AR also not feasible for many fta chs as largely their audience still have old tv sets. But i feel DD National should make HD feed available in downscaled SD format bcoz it will bring down running costs, enhance viewing experience and even those with old tv sets might not feel problem as basic purpose of receiving public information is still well served

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock